Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Felix
New Contributor

This quote resonates with me

10 months into my depression, this is to my wife my best friend, my solace, my confidant, the one person with the most to lose through knowing and loving me, yet the one person who stays, when others haven't or have given up!

I love this quote:

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words"

3 REPLIES 3
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: This quote resonates with me

Thank you @Felix, I have longed for a connection you describe, in the quote, but not in this lifetime for me - too damaged. Thanks though, maybe good for others & heaven for the rest of us. I'll post it in "quotes that sooth my mins, thank you 🙂

"The healing gesture ... is not intended t explain it away or fill in the abyss but simply to affirm that they are not alone, that our common madness is a matter of degree that we are all siblings in the same night of truth.  The healing gesture is not to explain madness if that means to explain it away but to recognise it as a common fate, to affirm our community and solidarity."  

- Phillip Caupto

I related to this. What I know for sure is FAMILY & FRIENDS CAN BE BETTER THAN PILLS OR THEARPY! SADLEY MY FRIENDS & FAMILY ABANDED ME BECAUSE "THEIR WORDS"? "CANT HANDLE SEEING ME LIKE AM" I DONT WANT TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AT MY AGE! "WHERE DO I PUT MY 57 YRS OF MEMORY? IM NOT A STATISTIC! IM A CIRCLE WITH PEOPLE TRYING TO FORCE ME INTO A SQUARE. 35 YRS! WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance