Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Some news from me!

It is with a very heavy heart that I say farewell to you @NikNik. The forums will never be the same without you. Thank you for all the tireless work you've put into making this community the safe place that it is. I wanted to wish you all the very best in your future endeavours and achievements and ask, can I have the keys to your Nutella jar or will you be taking that with you? Heart

Thank you for your well wishes @BlueBay
It's been wonderful being part of all your big life events - especially the birth of your grandchild. It felt really special to be able to be part of that!

Hi @Queenie
There may be an official handing over of the keys ceremony at Friday Feast 🙂
Thank you for your kind words. It's been so great having you as part of the community and I have really enjoyed working with you as a CG.

I still have the spare key @NikNik but hsappy for you to hand over the original key to @Queenie Smiley Tongue

😆 @Zoe7 @Queenie

@NikNik sorry to see you go but all good things must come to an end. I am sure you are headed for bigger and better things. Someone has big shoes to fill! Thank you for all you did on this forum and in the background. Wishing you the best of luck for the future 💜

Thank you for your well wishes @Snowie
I have really appreciated your presence in this community - you provide people with great support, advice and friendship.
I wouldn't say I'm moving on to anything 'bigger & better' - just different 😊
What could be better than this community!?

Am so sorry to hear you are leaving us @NikNik. You are what has made this Forum what it is today - a safe anonymous non judgemental place to share our pain, frustrations, joys and lives. We will be poorer for losing you.

Whereever you end up next, career wise, will be bloody lucky to get you. I hope they know that!

Personally you have helped me in times when I've lost my patience and responded harshly to someone who didn't deserve that. And you did it in a very gentle way. Thank you. When I've had feedback to offer, whether positive or negative, you have taken it all on board and explained clearly what changes were possible and what changes weren't and why. You educated me on how the research side of Mental Health works and what type of guidelines should be in place. So because of you, I have participated in a number of research programs into mental health. Hopefully some good improvements in treatments, diagnosis and prevention will be discovered soon in all areas of diseases and disorders that affect our community.

Days I have struggled, you have checked up on me. That really makes a difference when I'm feeling like no one would miss me if I died. It really does.

So it's not the role of Community Manager that you were employed under, but the person you are, your morals, your compassion that will be missed the most. You made the role better by being you.

Thank you.

Heart Heart Heart

Oh wow @utopia - thank you SO much for your kind words - it means a lot to me.
I'm so pleased that you are more comfortable getting involved in consultations and research - it's so important to have those who have lived it be part of these types of things - as you are all the experts!
I have very much enjoyed conversing with you about a whole lot of different things - you have taught me so much and I appreciate everything you have done for this community.
Thank you.

To the wonderful amazing @NikNik. I’m so sad you are leaving us. I think @utopia has said it so well. You have made the forum the place it is. I will forever be grateful for your support and encouragement. 

I think that I will always think of you when I see yellow anywhere. You’ve had such a big positive impact in my life. I’m not sure that I’ll get to Friday feast tonight but wanted to wish you well for one last time.

huge sad, going to miss you, farewell hugs coming your way 💜🤗F094F25C-B89E-4C67-A81D-80F4A4C29CCF.jpeg

7DAC8B2F-8FEF-481B-A9F0-A9A83B03B4E6.jpeg

Some pretties for some cheer from me to you.Some pretties for some cheer from me to you.

96A5D1CE-7538-4894-883B-08990004D7ED.jpeg

D6806602-760D-4817-8533-064AF1CD58AA.jpeg

4714AC50-8172-42EA-B73F-9AE4EBA727E4.jpeg

666F400B-C787-48F6-9FE1-1B9A6BDA3E96.jpeg

78ED2FEA-97DA-4604-A18B-71FD528B92BD.jpeg

Just dropping all these at your door. Best wishes 💜🤗

(Hmmm - over the top - me thinks you deserve them ) 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance