Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Tell us: What are your thoughts on the Community Wraps?

Hi everyone,

Its been around 2 years since we started the Community Wraps! The wrap is kind of a community newsletter that has some useful info about what’s happening in the forums, celebrations and spotlights from the forums team! We'd love to check in and see what yours thoughts are on them!

Do you guys enjoy the Community Wrap/find it useful? Are there things that you don’t think need to be in there or things you think we could add? Keen to just get your vibe on it and any feedback or thoughts you have!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Tell us: What are your thoughts on the Community Wraps?

I think the community wrap is a good thing @Lauz  Can't think of any changes to suggest.  I like it.

I like it @Lauz 

I like them @Lauz  keep them going

@BlueBay , @eth  as I think they are very important xx 

Hi @Lauz  ... like the others who have already posted here about the monthly Community Wraps, I think they should continue.  Yes, I do find them useful and I do enjoy reading them.  I also have found them to be a good wrap up of current happenings and a reminder of future events, such as topic Tuesdays. I believe the content to be consistently relevant and interesting and also very timely in most instances.

Thanks

Sherry

I enjoy community wrap too @Lauz 

I like the wraps @Lauz 

My only thoughts are that maybe you could provide some general tips/advice on various conditions.  Positive and motivational stuff, things to watch out for with our mental health.. things like that.  Gets a bit tricky if your working with both sides of the forum.

I enjoy them as you often highlight threads and topics that I might not come across normally.

Thanks so much for the feedback all - I'm glad its really liked. 

@Gazza75 thats a cool idea - would it maybe be something that spotlights a self care tip perhaps? 

Its awesome that you all enjoy the wrap and @Former-Member I'm glad that it feels timely too. Is there anything in the wrap that you guys feel isn't useful that could be changed? (there will be no hard feelings don't worry!) Would having the community have the option to contribute to it be something people would like? (like opening up a form you can fill out with something to submit for the wrap, like a person to celebrate or a quote of a member you noticed or a thread you really liked? It would be anonymous and just for me then put into the wrap if that makes sense..) 

@Lauz, a few tips on self care would be a good one.  

@Lauz 

As @Gazza75  said, I too find the Wraps a good way of keeping up with some threads which I dont normally 'frequent'. Plus its easy to miss new threads, which may be of particular personal interest, if we are not on the forums every day.  

No @Lauz I dont think there is anything in the regular Wraps which should not be there.  But what you said about being able to bring to your attention any particular 'gems' which members have contributed would be a nice method of making us feel that we are contributing to other member's recognition.  I come across some really wonderful posts from members sometimes, showing amazing insight care and understanding of the person and their situation.  If I were able to nominate those at the time I read them, it would be something I'd likely do.  Unfortunately if not done immediately, it slips my mind, or I am unable to locate that particular 'gem' again. 

I expect it is currently the managers, moderators and possibly the Guides who are currently nominating the quotes or member celebrations for inclusion in the Wraps?  Which means that the Guides are never nominated, and I believe they should be.  Its all very well that they already have the recognition of being one of our esteemed Guides, but some of them often go way above what would normally be expected.  And why shouldnt they still be recognised for what they do, for the care and understanding they provide every day and for the gems they often disclose?  If we regular members are able to nominate people and/or quotes, then all those deserving of recognition are eligible for mention in the Wraps.  I think it would also be appropriate for regular members to be able to nominate a particular thread for highlighting or spotlighting.

As for how we are able to nominate these quotes, members/guides, threads ... not sure how it could work.  Is it possible to have a link directly accessible from the current Community Wrap?  A link which would go straight to Managers for consideration and/or inclusion in the next Wrap? That seems to me to be the logical place to have it.

Sherry 😊 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance