Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Sharing the wisdom within

Learn and teach, 

Teach and learn... 

Your drive to write is strong. @eudemonism We are story makers. It seems part of being human.

haha @eudemonism

I love playing around with words...especially adjectives and verbs....

made me smile when I read in one of your earlier responses about all of the words starting with the preface re.

I was doing the very same thing the other day...so snap

SophiaCat Happy

@Mulgajane

Yes I hear you. I've got a meeting tonight. I'm still processing everything. The old life and the old ways are still fresh in my mind.

Eude  

@Sophia1

When dealing with other people there's always the element of trying to impress, expectations and let downs that they think they are in control of. Which they then reward, encourage or punish for. Genuinely this is how I feel it is. And it becomes a power struggle and rivalry and competing takes place. And there resentment all around. 

Eude 

@Sophia1@Appleblossom

@Mulgajane@Former-Member

Psychology is the study of normal behaviour. Psychiatry is the study and treatment of abnormal behaviour. 

I'm reading stuff bye Sigmund Freud it's really interesting. 

Eude 

Wow Eude....Sigmund Freud....heavy reading...interesting...

There are also theories from Carl Jung and Jacques Lacan...

All interpreted differently by the world of psychiatry...psychology...psychoanalysis...psychodynamics...

I believe it is good to have a knowledge of all and form our own opinions...

I hope that you get something out of the reading too Eude

@eudemonism

@Sophia1

This book has a section about brainwashing. It depicts six steps of brainwashing. So I quickly seen my life through the lense of brainwashing. And yea. I've done it. And it's been done to me. Big time.

Eude  

@eudemonism

Always like reading your post, I like your point of view, it's to the point, sweet and short.

I wish I could express myself like you. I go in far too much detail lol 

You might think you are alone in all of this... but you're not. What you write is very similar to what my son tells me how he experiences day to day life, so I do get it and I see how your life can be strugglestreet at times. But hang on, so is mine, but in a different way lol

Thanks for your posts! Wowsa for reading up on interesting facts like brainwashing by S. Freud.... I'm gonna have a read of it myself now, you got me curious!  

Grasshopper3

Heart

@Grasshopper3

Yea I'm keen to get some books on S. Freud on psychoanalysis. Some on psychology and some on psychiatry. Look up free association. 

Eude 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance