Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decision to take time off from Rotary.

That is good news @Maggie 

Resting today doing as little as I can 😁

Dear heart @Anastasia 

I had a sleep and am feeling more alert and on the ball a bit more. I read your post throughly and slowly, as well as the quotes. The quotes about letting go of what no longer serves you was a different experience. I have never really had that before. From this experience, I see that Rotary does not serve me and no longer serves me. It does not serve me kindly, it does not serve me in the way of feeling good, it does not serve me that I see I am not going to be able to make the impact I would have hoped too, it doesn't serve me because the type of people Rotary need as members is not the type of member I am or could be and it doesn't serve me because it is very draining instead of uplifting. Such a surprise to have that experience with those quotes. 

Moving on, I had already decided a few days ago that I am going to take 6 months break from Rotary. I will not be thinking about what next with Rotary, while I am taking that six months off from Rotary. I think the answer will already be there. I do agree with you. It is absolutely crucial that I take time off without exception. 

I went to the doctor yesterday morning. I have an ulstrasound and x-ray to go for as he is thinking I may just have plantar fasciatis. I also am booked in with a podiatrist on the 20th January for this, if it ends up being what the doctor and I think it is. So yes, physical health issues are another reason I need to take time off and take care of myself. My mental health is beyond bad at the moment. So, that is another reason I need time off. 

Im also making a lot of changes to my life which means I will be slowing down. That is so hard for me to do. However, I truly see the necessity of doing this in my life and how it will enrich my life and help with my recovery. 

This has taken me days to gather this so I could write back to you. I have been talking to @Zoe7 

Here is the thread. Re: Sharing thoughts on a relationship topic. - Page 6 - SANE Forums It explains more what I am currently going through so that I do not need to go into anymore depth here. Another rreason I need to slow down. 

I am going to give myself a good three months, longer if needed to get my brain working right again. It certainly is not. I can see how people think it is with what I write here, but no one knows the very difficult process I need to go through to get to this point and how long it takes me. They don't see the process. 

I have not written to the president yet. I am working up to it slowly. I do have a doctors certficate and still am working out whether or not to include it. I will get around to constructing it over the next two days. 

Powderfinger. xx

There is a topic called 

@Maggie  I am glad your pooch is doing ok. I got two hours solid sleep which was lovely. xx

Oh gosh @Powderfinger 

I did not realise you were still in that living arrangement...not easy at all. I remember my last break up vividly, it was shocking and we were under the same  roof for a few weeks, not a good environment for myself or my boys. I feel for you hun. I assume that you have many thoughts swimming around your head about what to do moving forward. Go.gentle with yourself x

Slowing down sounds good and I believe you made the right decision about Rotary. Six months should be time enough to reassess where things are at. Lists are THE BEST. My whole life is a list lol. No wonder I adore both you and @Zoe7 !

Hugs and hugs ❤️🤗

@Anastasia 

Yes, I gave the relationship some more chances to see if we could work it out. Sadly, we couldn't. That is why the prolonged situation of being under the same roof. Its definitely hard. I am just doing what I can. My head is a mess, an absolute nightmare of a mess. Moving forward is not something that I am focused on too much. I cant get there yet. I am still feeling devastated. I think one should never pretend where they are at or think yeah Im pumped, lets do this when they certainly do not feel that way. All part of the shit process. I still feel like I got too much on my plate, so still trying to figure out how to make it less. 

Lists are the best! I couldn't live without lists. Know that I absolutely adore you too. Heart

@Powderfinger 🤗💞

@Anastasia 

I tried to write at least a draft email to the president and I could not do it. I was just blank. I did not know what to say or write. I usually have a rough idea what I am going to write as I write in my mind. I could not even manage to do that. My mind just will not allow me to think. I dont even know how to find the words to express what this feels like for me. The first meeting is back on the 6th, so I cannot leave this much longer. 

@Anastasia 

All good. It is done. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance