Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

Screenshot_20180921-212646_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20180921-212752_Samsung Health.jpg

Just went for a bike ride with the little people.

A bit like driving Miss Daisy but good to be out of the house.

Driving Miss DaisyDriving Miss Daisy

Found your thread @Determined

I trust that you are feeling better after all this exercise. Have you noticed the difference? What about your diet? Has that had an overhaul too?

As you know, I love walking. Often times, the more stressed the more I walk. 

Good on you 

Thanks @soul

Too early to notice a big difference with all the walking.  It has been an emotional couple of months so feeling pretty drained at the moment. I am enjoying the walking though. We are now within walking distance to Uni. Local park for the children and walking paths everywhere. So enjoying the change. 

Diet is a work in progress. Have a couple of health concerns so have to loose weight. GP is working with me on that one. Eating more salads and more consistant meal times rather than grazing over the day. Diet went out the window with the moving but trying to get back on track now. 

No weight loss yet according to scales  but am noticing my clothes are a lot looser. 

Screenshot_20180922-213406_Samsung Health.jpg

Missed a couple of days oh well.

Screenshot_20180926-204331_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20180926-204250_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20180927-203754_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20180927-203815_Samsung Health.jpg

For some  reason since I have started all of this exercise I am finding it so much harder to get up in the mornings.  It is more likely the amount of anxiety I am feeling at the moment but I was kind of hoping that the exercise would be helping with that... or could it be that I would be a lot less functional if I was not doing the exercise I am doing. wow  that would be bad.   Also, I just weighed myself and I have put on weight despite eating habits being relatively balanced at the moment. This ususlly happens when I am run down and stressed but was kin of hoping the exercise would offset it.   

oh well it has to be doing some good, I just need to be more patient for the results. 

Muscle weighs more than fat @Determined.

Well done on the walking and cycling. If your clothes are looser, that's a good indication that you're making progress.

@Former-Memberalready shared this back on page 2 but seemed relevant to share again lol

Sounds like me after my last post lolSounds like me after my last post lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance