Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

So I finally logged on and formally withdrew from one of my classes late last night, when I woke up this morning I regretted it 😞     Was going to go for a longish bike ride this afternoon but was making progress with exam review so stayed home. Probably should have gone as too long in front of the computer has left me drained.

Will have to de-sync work emails from my phone I think and view them only when at work. Overreacted to a stupid comment(s) re ongoing jobs and sent borderline bitchy reply. Will see where that takes us next week. At least it may flag some issues that  need to be addressed. 

Would very much like to quit  at the moment but it is a cruisey job and on a self care front it is good for me emotionally to be earning some money rather than solely reliant on clink. Just have no patience or capacity to deal with conflict.    It may be possible to request a week or 2 off given the uni is big on supporting staff wellbeing. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

After convincing his councillor yesterday that he was doing well and on top of things I got an email from one of S2s teachers today as he had been sent out of class and to detention for being disrespectful and disruptive. 

Feel bad but I forwarded  it to darling and told her to deal with it as I don't have the capacity right now. And it dosent matter what I say she will take the childs side and tell me I am being unreasonable. 

Went for a foot massage this afternoon as some self care.

Have been contemplating it for a couple months as my feet are always tense and sore.  Wow what a difference.

Other parts of me are aching  now though lol.

Should not surprise me... chiropractor told me a long time ago it was the tension in my neck and shoulders that was the source of most of my problems.  Will have to go in for a neck and shoulder massage next.  And find a new chiropractor based on what I was told this afternoon. 

How did you get on today @Determined 

Got through today @Former-Member 

Will be happy when tomorrows exam is over. (worth 30% of overall marks)

It feels like I am getting more and more tired. hoping after that is out of the way I may be more relaxed and rested. BIke ride on the agenda for Wednesday if I am not too tired. 

Gentle reminder @Determined  boundaries for exam day. 

Been thinking especially of you, emotions will be raw for a while.

Thanks @Former-Member  appreciate your thoughts. 

@Determined Firstly, well done, for admitting and acknowledging what maybe you would normally not have responded in your email, takes courage, honesty etc to do so. Sounds like you love your job, and it's good for you, so hang in there. If you feel you need a little time off, ask, it sounds like they may be open to it... And end of term isn't that far away either. Go easy on yourself. 😊

@Determined, sitting with you HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance