Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Hi Determined, wondering how you got on today.

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Former-Member  exam was 😨😰😱🤯

Wait for 2 weeks for the results.

Work colleague was a bit on the frosty side but I was able to smile and be happy. Then had a good laugh when I got a text tonight asking me to cover a shift ... ummmm. Na think I am busy. Sorry. 

Went for a 80km bike ride after work that was good. Didn't realise the loop I did had a stretch of dirt. That was ok as it was in good condition.... untill I got to the part council had just watered. That was 5km of down hill excitement lol. And not the kind of excitement I was expecting when I set out. Was great and relaxing though overall... 

I am pleased to report that I am a little more settled tonight after a lazy day.

I think yesterdays ride helped also. 

I had planned on a bike ride with mum this morning and some uni work but rain washed away the bike riding plans and have just been feeling lazy generally. Hoping today's rest will enable me to get back into things tomorrow and for the rest of the week. 

I am a little concerned about my lack of motivation at the moment. 

Have been trying to find the strength (physical and emotional) to go up into the roof looking for leaks that Darling is desperately worried about.  Allready have one bucket up in the roof space local to where we had solar pannels installed.

I need to check if there are any other leaks while it is actually raining. I found a few areas of concern when I was up on the roof cleaning gutters a couple of days ago that may need sealing. We also need to add additional downpipes as the gutters all overflow when there is heavy rain.  

@Determined, we discovered that the cause of one serious leak was a box gutter's worth of water trying to get down a matchbox sized aperture. So we added a second downpipe right beside the first one, which improved matters markedly! It did manage leaking again in recent heavy rain, so we're suspecting gum leaf buildup from the nearby tree. I assume the original job was "professionally" done... ??

Our overflowing gutter turned out to be a blocked drain - thankfully easily fixed.

Hope you locate roof leak and more importantly that it easily fixed @Determined .

@Former-Member  @Smc  commented.in home maintenance thread but roof.leak has turned into roof leaks. 

Thinking gutters overflowing has a lot to do with insufficient down pipes/ down pipe sizes to carry the water away. Have cleaned all down pipes so definatly not blocked. 

Darling is in quite a state of anxiety. 

Roof aside, how are things going Bro?  How are the boys coping? Your Darling? @Determined 

Things are as good as they can be at the moment @Former-Member 

We are all on very thin ice but so far holding it together. 

@Determined 

*waves

Thinking of you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance