Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Jlol
Senior Contributor

What if the help available isn't enough?

Hi all,

For a few years I was in what was later called an emotionally abusive relationship. I won't go into detail, but it had a huge impact on me and my confidence and personality were greatly affected. I started developing PTSD from it.

I went to a trauma-informed psychologist who told me that if I was to stay in the relationship I would die. Half a year after that conversation, I reached breaking point, packed a bag and left and stayed at an aunts place, where I have been the last 6 months.

This whole thing - being in a psychologically abusive relationship, being consistently manipulated and made to feel like everything is your fault, being made to feel like you're the worst person on earth for then leaving that situation, then being semi-homeless, having your finances bound up with someone who hates you, being laughed at or not taken seriously by DV support services (because I am a man) - has taken a massive, massive toll on my mental health.

I feel so depressed that I can't think or do anything.

The trauma-informed psychologist I was seeing said she could no longer support me and urged me to go to hospital. I presented at 2 different public hospitals but was turned away both times. I then used the one-off private health insurance MH waiver to go to a private hospital, but received no support there other than a couple of visits from a psychiatrist which I was doing outside of hospital anyway. The experience was very detrimental for me as I was left alone in a room with my own issues and thoughts for days with few distractions.

I started seeing a new psychologist but they feel frustrated and at a loss too. In fact last session they suggested I try to go to hospital again.

I am so very, very broken and know I am getting worse. I feel like I'm putting my hand up for help but the level of help out there simply isn't enough to stop me from getting sicker. 

What do I do?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: What if the help available isn't enough?

Hi @Jlol 

Thanks for posting your story.

I'm sorry that you have had to go through all of that. It is really hard to reach out for support in the first place and when we get turned away it is even worse.

Have you tried 1800 Respect? I know they give support to people.

I will also tag a @moderator who might be able to offer you more support and other places that you can reach out to.

Please know that you are heard here and it is a safe space 

Kind regards, Snowie

Hey there @Jlol 

I'm so sorry that you're struggling right now, you're so supported on here and I really appreciate you explaining what you're going through. I was wondering what support you were hoping to gain that we could help you with? Is there anything that you feel like you specifically need right now? Is there anything in particular that would help the most? 

Sitting with you,

Amber22

Hello @Jlol ❤️

I'm very sorry to hear you have been deeply affected by trauma. I've had some serious and heavy duty things transpire over my younger years. I never got the support I needed from conventional services either.

I literally hit rock bottom feeling shattered and ruined by everything that came to pass. In the end something had to give as nothing was addressing the devastating impact this had on my soul and psyche.

You've possibly heard the saying that in order to solve a problem you need something much higher in consciousness than the consciousness that created it in the first place right? 

I was desperate for solutions and by my mid 30's I was getting seriously ill after my immune system started breaking apart. I was allergic to life itself.

I had just reached the end of my tether after years of trauma and shocking incidents which left my mind and body in a state of complete and total fragmentation.

This was until I realised I desperately needed something that would clear the trauma, wipe the slate clean and restore my to a new state of being. 

I investigated the practice in this lovely book I'm sharing with you which I have read which transformed my mind and body and raised my resonance after years of extreme suffering and debility.

The practice shifted the dense energy surrounding me, cleared my trauma and raised me up to the point where I was learning to hop onto better timeline trajectories and begin to co-create a better future for myself.

I am now healed.

This technique has been also recommended by a psychologist I follow by the name of Patricia Cota- Robles who has been into metaphysics most of her adult career. She is highly respected.

I will guarantee to get the ball rolling for you. I now lead an extreme happy and fortunate life full of good things. I am no longer in pain and mental/emotional suffering.

I realise you may not be able to afford books with your current situation but this is a free copy of the book I bought myself. I was able to procure it online.

You may not be able to wrap your mind around such a simple concept or believe that its just too good to be true but seeing is believing. Something that comes from higher levels of consciousness is lighter and has a more subtle vibrancy than something you would think would require a sledgehammer approach. For that reason it can be easily overlooked

Try it. You have nothing to lose

You will be a believer after what this spiritual technology can do for you. It will lift you out of the mire, process your trauma and it will start to take hold of your energetics and biology and restore it to a new state of wholeness.

Commit to the practice for a month to see.  Its worth gifting this opportunity to yourself even if you have no sense of gnostic awareness.

I'm not promoting any religion or dogma. This is beyond any belief or doctrine.

I know of an attorney from the internet who felt there must be something more to life and came into this practice after a childhood of trauma and she herself was able to shift patterns of suffering and abuse.

She now does workshops on consciousness and healing and attests that this ever so subtle yet effective technique has the power to shift anything within your body and vibratory field that is not in alignment with your true destiny.

You will get there. Good fortune comes to those who persist. I wish you healing joy and love. 

Anything can be restored to its rightful place in your life. You only have to claim it for yourself

Good luck!

Go here for the free digital book copy 💕

https://dokumen.tips/documents/elizabeth-clare-prophet-violet-flame-to-heal-body-mind-and-soul.html?...

Hi @Jlol 

Thank you for sharing your story.

I appreciate how difficult it is to speak up about domestic violence.  As a fellow survivor of domestic and family violence who suffers PTSD as a result.  I am very aware of the impact such an experience has on a person's mental health, self-esteem, and confidence.

I also want to acknowledge that, as a male, I can only imagine that your disclosure was even harder, could carry feelings of shame, and could make access to support more difficult.

However, being the victim of any abuse is not okay,  and you deserve to be validated in your experience and receive the support you need.

I do highly recommend the assistance offered by 1800 Respect and would encourage you to contact them.

Additionally, I would suggest:

MensLine Australia, 1300-78-99-78   www.mensline.org.au

Men's Referral Service, 1300-766-491   www.ntv.org.au

For me personally, the recovery from a domestically violent and emotionally abusive relationship

has taken time and many different forms of support, the journey is not easy but worth it.

Self-care is the priority of healing, and I wish you well on your journey to a brighter future.   

Kindly Alisse.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance