Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

Can’t sleep 

my shoulder is very sore 

can’t find a comfortable position 

used heat pack and cream 

wish I had some stronger meds 

Hi @BlueBay

Sorry to hear you’re in pain with your shoulder, when the pain interrupts your sleep it just exacerbates everything else going on in your life.

My ankle has been causing me some

grief during the night and peaceful sleep has eluded me as well.

I hope everything works out for your daughter and her little angel, having Ayla around sounds like a true blessing for you, but I also hope you are being looked after and cared for too.  Being a mum, we tend to sacrifice ourselves for our children, spreading ourselves so thin - I hope you can find a balance and still find some time for yourself.

I have kind of been hiding away the last few days, so I have spent a little time today catching up on your posts, you do sound a lot calmer.  Aside from your high BP and sore shoulder, I hope you are feeling better now.  

Your mothers phone call does show her complete lack of understanding, you can’t just snap your fingers and get better.  Just when I think I’m making

progress, something happens and I fall right back to where I started, sometimes I feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel.  It’s bloody hard, especially when you feel there is no one close to you supporting you.

Im glad you are taking walks with your daughter, beautiful moments that show your daughter how much you support her - she’ll never forget that.  You really are a wonderful mum and grandmother.

I’m very tired today, I can barely keep my eyes open.  I’m home alone at the moment so might try and have a nap.

Take care, and chat later ❤️❤️

Hi @Razzle

my daughter and hubby have gone to get Ayla’s cot and a few more things. 

Ayla is asleep in my room. 

Time for myself - that’s nit happening. I’m so close to crying. 

Im putting pressure everyone first before me as mothers do. 

Another crap night with pain snd Ayla decides to wake up at 6.30. 

Ive just made a bol sauce to make lasagna tonight. I’m just wrecked. 

Theres only so much I csn take before I breakdown agsin. I’m trying to be strong for everyone. You know what it’s like. 

Sirry to read your ankle is giving you trouble. 

I hope you got some rest. 

BB ❤️

Bloody husbands 

I’m feeling angry

feel there’s no time for me 

but I have to give to everyone else 

can’t waut to see my psychologist this Wednesday 

and seeing my psych next Tuesday 

@Razzle@Shaz51@Former-Member@Owlunar@Zoe7

Wish I could be left alone 

just pls leave me alone 

I’m so emotional

too much going on 

I’m hearing ya !! @BlueBay

Im back on shaky ground again, a big part of me just wants it all over with (the marriage), but I’m not in the right state of mind to do anything about it.  I start seeing my councillor next week.  I’ve found myself in a situation that I’m not coping at all with, I’m not in any state to make any big decisions.

It must be so hard having the extras in your home, my son left this morning with his partner, they are living in the city, getting settled before uni starts and the baby comes, it sounds awful but it was a breath of fresh air when they left. I hate feeling lonely but I do love my own space.

It sounds like your family are grown up, all young adults, about time you put yourself first, they can look after themselves.  Your hubby sounds a bit like mine, needs to pull his head out of his own ar$e and realise the world doesn’t revolve around him.  I don’t get why they feel like it’s ok to treat us the way they do.

❤️❤️

My d just told me she is overdue in her car payments. I told her she needs to csll them and find out how much it is. 

I’m worrying so much. She needs a car especially with a baby. 

and then hubby in the background repeating the same old story. Repeat snd repeat. Wish he would shut up. 

@Razzle@Shaz51@Former-Member@Owlunar

Aw @BlueBay

You do need time for yourself and there is no need to feel at all selfish about it - except for Ayla everyone else understands English and as tough as it is you have to tell them you need time for yourself and insist upon it - 

And it's hard - I know this - I did it - and my degrees are permanent part of me and the rest of the family just had to put up with my studying and working and I am so glad about this

I can hear you - how did I do it? - I needed to because it seemed I was putting everyone else ahead of myself and I was diminishing - giving up my life for everyone else to live theirs was not feeding any part of me

So - I can hear you really reall actually - so I have a couple of suggestions

One is to tell everyone in the morning that for one hour during the day you will be on your own and will be doing your own stuff and as time passes and everyone gets into a routine you have have that hour as a regular time

And the other thing is that it's not good for you to have Ayla in your room - you might feel that is lovely and on one morning a week it really is - but she is your daughter's responsibility and I think you have a den - can this be her room with Ayla for the time being?

They are good kids and if they have this explained I am sure they will feel a bit taken aback but will step-up to the mark - don't know about Huffnpuff but he needs to straighten up his cups and his act and give you time to yourself

You work too - and you run the house and attend to the accounts - and you don't want to crash down again - we understand - but it's the people you live with that make it rough and tough

And changes are rough and tough - different reasons but same club right now

Dec

Hi @BlueBay

The car payments - tough one - but not your worry - you have done all you can to give her the suggestion to find out what she can sort out her repayments. D does need a car with a baby that's true - I am sure she will be looking for work or getting a supporting parent benefit - I know that financially you can't help her out with that right now

Regardless of his own Game Boy Addiction D's ex needs to support his child so your daughter can bargain with the Loan Company - try and not worry yourself - I am sure she is doing enough worrying herself - she strikes me as a responsible woman

Huffnpuff - he can't change now - leave the cups in any old order and let him go on and on about that - sometimes I think he is one of your main issues

Repeat and repeat - yes - enough of the same can drive anyone crackers - you heard him the first time right

It's horrible BB - try really hard and sort out time for yourself

Thinking of  you

Dec

@Owlunar We have nowhere to put Ayla. Our house is very open plan. The kitchen snd tv room is one big room. There are 3 bedrooms and a front Loungeroom snd a study. But the study is open with no door. The front lounge room where my D is doesn’t have doors either. 

We thought about putting Ayla in the study but it’s too noisy. At least in our room we can close the bedroom door. 

I understand what you’re saying. 

Its so tough st the moment. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance