Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Queenie
Community Elder

A Memorable Day 8 February 2020

The day my voices returned. 😞

For the past 24 hours or so I've been so full of the jitters. I feel frightened I am going to become more and more unwell. I cannot do that, please no! I have a cruising holiday to look forward to; many concerts and gigs with friends... I cannot CANNOT be brought down by evilness! My anxiety levels cannot tolerate yet more relapses. 

Why is it that I only get a few months of wellness in before I seemingly jump back onto the carousel of craziness all over again? 

I'm sitting here, attempting to do an assignment whilst they are chattering away. I'm blasting music in my ears in an attempt to control their volume, but they are shouting atop the music. 

Sigh! I'm too tired and too old for this! 😞

2 REPLIES 2

Re: A Memorable Day 8 February 2020

It takes so much physical stamina to live with a MI @Queenie, only the people that have one know that for sure. They can see that having a massive stroke changes the brain, and makes cognitive tasks very tiring, that rehabilitation is slow and draining, but they don't think that it is the same for MI.They just think that you're mad.

Bipolar isn't the only MI that effects energy levels, pretty much all MI's change energy and eventually exhaust you. Daily tasks can feel like you've run a marathon. It's devastating trying to come to terms with your baseline and the treatment resistant symptoms that restrict you.

I hope that you get some peace tonight and the symptoms settle a little. 

Heart

Re: A Memorable Day 8 February 2020

Thinking of you @Queenie 

It's very hard and no wonder you are anxious.

I hope those positive things that you're looking forward to remain in your sights.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance