Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Hi @Owlunar I’m so happy that you’ve had a great week. It sounded so beautiful and peaceful. 

I’m actually looking st Cairns or Sunshine Coast for our holiday in October. I like to start paying the accommodation off fortnightly. 

Safe travel home ❤️

awwwww my second mum @Owlunar , soo glad you had a good time and you brought your daughter something too xoxo

Sounds like a beautiful relaxing holiday @Owlunar .

What about Broome or Darwin for your winter getaway? 

Hi @utopia @Shaz51 @BlueBay @Zoe7 

I did have a wonderful holiday at Lakes Entrance - anyone who has been there knows what a quiet and peaceful place it is - at least - off season - and how wonderful it is to walk along the lakes and the weather was cool but fine and I really enjoyed myself

But plan as I do there can be events outside my control I can't do anything about - I got on the bus to the rail-head - had a comfortable seat in the Quiet Carriage and settled down to enjoy the train home but the engine broke down and so we all had to get off and travel on coaches - which I was not prepared for but thought about my choices and decided to take the coach anyway

I could have waited for the evening train but it would have got into my destination very late or I could have taken a hotel room for the night but I have no idea of the accommodation there so I asked and was told the trip would last for 3 hours but it was 6 hours actually and by the time I reached my destination I was in a lot of pain from my back and I spent the last two days recovering and I have been to the doctor twice and hopefully can wait until tomorrow for my regular appointment

The pain in my back was intense - I think if I ever go that way again I will fly - I have taken trips in 10 seater planes before this - maybe try again in a couple of years - having a flare in pain was not something I enjoy though it happens - I haven't had pain this severe for a long time - it's actually pretty exhausting and I have said enough now

Not only that my bad toe-nail became ingrown and infected again and my back pain hurt so much I didn't notice my toe much but now I am on antibiotics - I may have to have it resected again - not happy about this

But on the good side my trick knee performed well - I must have walked over 30 km in 6 days - my knee didn't hurt at all - it's been 17 months since I had the arthroscopy and it has been a bit of an adventure recovering from that - but it seems to have worked

I have a great tan to finish the season - I started working on it in Cairns 6 months ago and how fast the time has gone since then - the clocks go back weekend after next - 

It was a wonderful break and even better that I could share it with you

Dec

Wonderful placeWonderful place

It sucks that you had to sit for so long and it has caused you so much pain @Owlunar Not a great way to end your peaceful holiday at all Smiley Sad Seeing your regular doctor tomorrow will hopefully be helpful. He knows you very well and has been through this intense pain with you before. 

It is good that you had a lovely trip before all this happened - I am very much looking forward to our school holidays to have a little break and rejuvenate myself for the colder weather to come next term. Cairns for a mid winter trip sounds like a great idea to me Smiley Tongue

Oh @Owlunar  I’m sorry you’re in so much pain eith your back. And also to nit come back in the train but going on a coach. That would have taken longer. What a bummer. Good that your knee was good but not good about tour toe. That can be very painful. 

Thsnks for sharing your holiday eith us. Xxx

Hi @BlueBay @Zoe7 @utopia @Shaz51 @Razzle - darn - I can't seem to tag anyone else

It's cold and pouring with rain here today - I am glad I am not at Lakes Entrance this weekend I went the right week I am sure because the weather was cool and windy but fine - and it seems winter has arrived - it's very dark here right now and I will have to turn the light and heater on soon I think - the computer makes me feel warm

My toe is healing - my own doctor put me on antibiotics - whatever happened - having one doctor probe it and give me antibiotic ointment might have - having different treatment topically and with antibiotics was better - but I have to see a podiatrist - I need another medicare plan and don't like the idea of having it resected again - it's an inherited problem

Yes - travelling in the coach for such a long time was bad for my back and it was bad all week and I had injections for it and hope it has settled now and I am making some soup which will keep me going for a couple of days - or three - and that will be good - yesterday the pain was so bad I couldn't eat which is really bad - 

I am used to it but this was over the top - and a bad thing to happen - I sat on the sea wall often and thought about whatever I thought about - and thought that I have been to Lakes Entrance often and I would be back but now I am not sure - maybe I will fly rather than take the train - I know I will never take a coach trip that's for sure - 

Truly - I could cry thinking about it but this will pass - like everything else -

Like everything else - it will be the anniversary of my son going into the Juvenile Justice Centre in a few days - strange how I remember so much about that an yet can't remember the date - with the weather turning into winter so suddenly my memories are stirring. It's a trigger - I feel as if I have put a lot of what happened that year behind me - sorting out for myself that everything that happened was traumatic and having it happen at the same time made it all worse and I don't want to go to that dark place again. In about a week it will be three years since I found and joined this forum and this has to have been one of the best things I ever did - it has meant so much having people to share with who are kind and understanding and don't try and shake me out of moods that come to stay whatever I do - I have my ways of dealing with it and I plan a trip to the tropics over the winter - Alice Springs and Uluru or Darwin - perhaps the Kimberly - all good ideas

It's great that I don't have to stay in Melbourne through the whole winter but even so - the death of son is very hard to deal with - I know this is really hard for everyone to go through and no one needs to know about it but here I can share it

But it's afternoon here atm and so dark - goll-ee

Dec

You can share it all here @Owlunar It doesn't get easier you just find better ways to deal with it ...and time allows you to find what works best for you.

Glad your toe is healing but definitely no more coach trips for you - your back cannot deal with that at all.

The sun has come out here this afternoon so a little better than it was this morning with the rain still lingering about. It is supposed to be much colder tomorrow - must be coming from your direction @Owlunar  Smiley Surprised

Hi @Owlunar 

it’s very dark and cold here too. 

I think winter is here. 

My d partner has called in to see A. 

A was asleep but woke up so hsppy to see her daddy. 

Things are working out for them. I’m hsppy for them. 

Yeah I think no more coach trips, it’s not good for your back. 

I’ll be thinking of you in the next coming days which will be hard for you. 

Take care @Owlunar  always here for you xxxx

💜💐 @Owlunar 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance