Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

Thanks @Zoe7. I saw that your Hobart Hurricanes had an easy win this arvo against Bris Heat. I am trying to distract myself tonight with the Sydney Sixers game against Adelaide Strikers. Evenly poised at this early stage of the game.

Really dont want tomorrow to arrive. I think it will be a long night. 

Sherry 😔

It is no small thing you have to deal with Hon. Understandably it may be a long night @Former-Member but this time tomorrow it will be over. It is not pleasant (an understatement) to have to go through but like most things we have to deal with it has to be done. You have taken the massive step to make the appointment so now it really is just a matter of getting through it - and I do know how distressing that is for you. There is not much you can do in this situation though than get through it and then deal with the residual feelings afterwards. Do whatever it is you need to do to deal with that Hon and reach out here and/or to your psych as well. Heart

It is looking like your Sixers could win this one - the Strikers aren't going very well batting. ...and your boys have been playing well lately.

sending you tender hugs @Former-Member and walking with you Heart

@Former-Member I’m thinking of you dnd everything you’re going through. It must be so tough. 

I csn understand your fear and anxiety about your doctors appt. 

sending you lots of love dnd hugs ❤️❤️

Thinking of you with all of the things happening @Former-Member and knowing how tough those tests can be, and perhaps knowing how you might be feeling tonight also Heart
As you know im always up late so if you need someone to talk to your more than welcome to tag me wherever Heart

You’re in my thoughts too @Former-Member both tonight & tomorrow .... so with us being with you ‘in spirit’ hopefully you won’t feel alone 🌸🌻🌺 PS Don’t forget that great idea of a ‘treat’ afterwards 

Thanks @Zoe7.  Yes I think I need to go back on the meds, even if its just for a few weeks.  Enough to get me through this anniversary period.  I have used them in previous years as well.  Oh yes, it was so good to hear hubby actually say something nice to me for a change.  It did come completely unexpected, and I will hold it in my heart to make up for all the horrible things he says to me in future.  I hope your DBT and other appointments go well for you tomorrow as well.  And thank you for thinking of me.  Tomorrow I am meant to be visiting the old lady in the nursing home around 10.30am, so I hope to get there in time.  It will provide me with a goal and subsequently a distraction immediately after the appt.  If by chance, I do not feel up to it, I will give them a quick call and say I was delayed at an apt and cant make it.  Other than that, I need to get back home to get meds for hubby and prepare some lunch.  I'll probably pick up some fresh bread while in town to make sandwiches.  Something quick and easy.  Holly will be happy to see me of course, as she always is.  And yes, I know the people of Sane are always here for me too. I expect I will be calling on you all at some point tomorrow.  I will email my psych, though maybe not tomorrow.  I will wait and see how it all goes.  

I was really happy that the Sydney Sixers came out with a big win tonight against Adelaide.  If there were any 'unsung' teams in this years T20 comp, it had to be the Sixers.  They have done far better this comp than I'd have hoped for at the start of the comp.  Dwarshius bowled brilliantly for man of the match.  And Henriques batted beautifully to see them home.  It was a similar sort of win to what your Hurricanes had, both done in under 15 overs.

I hope you hear soon about your new school and class.  Fingers crossed that its a grade 3/4 in a school close to you.  I hope by now you are sleeping soundly.

Sherry 💜

@Shaz51 - thank you my friend for walking with me and for the hugs. By the sound of things up your way, there wont be too much walking happening with all that rain and flooding. Sounds like more coming as well. Please keep safe.

@BlueBay - Thank you for your kind post. I have read your thread tonight as well, and am so sorry about everything thats been going on with your daughter and her ex-partner. Not a good situation at all. I hope you manage to get your pain under control soon too.

@outlander - thank you sweet pea, as always your kindness and understanding shines through. Its now 11.30pm and I have taken one my my PTSD meds in the hope that I can get some sleep tonight. Hope it doesnt interfere with the other medication I am meant to take pre appointment. Willing to risk it, as I am becoming super uptight tonight. Yes you do tend to keep late hours dont you? I really hope you manage to get to sleep and not be awakened by more nightmares tonight. Sleep is vital to our wellbeing. Please remember that you can tag me anytime too. I had subscribed to your thread, but unsubscribed tonight as I was getting too many notifications. I did the same with a few threads I like to follow actually. Though I put them all in as Favourites instead, and will just read when I have the time now. So remember that I may not see any posts unless you tag me.

@Sam3 - Thanks so much for your message. Yes, with me in spirit, is a nice way to be. Not sure I'll have the opportunity for a treat afterwards however. I want to get to my volunteer job, then need to get home to medicate and feed hubby.

Hey ... thanks everyone .. love you all.
Sherry 🌸💕🤗

Hi @Former-Member was literally about to see if you were still awake then your post came through! Are you getting by ok? You’re very dedicated to go to your volunteer job & straight home to your carer role. You inspire me 🌻

I hope you can get some sleep tonight too @Former-Member im not surprised your feeling uptight. At least your appointment is early so less time to worry about it.
Ive always been a late sleeper even as a young kid but got worse when 'things' started happening and when yr 11 and 12 hit i found i studied better at night so after dinner till god knows what time it was when i finished so its stuck around i think.
Thank you please remember you can tag me anytime you like too.
Hugs and hugs. Please remember to breathe too ❤💙💚💜💗
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance