Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Cook Along

Yes, very much so @PinkFlamingo 

I put cookies in the fridge beforehand as well. 

Thanks heaps @Oaktree 🙂🌺

They’re very moorish! 😋

It’s fascinating how the chemistry of food as it goes through the various preparation and cooking steps can modify the results @Birdofparadise8 🙂🌺

Yes, I’m thinking now that cookies in the fridge may have a similar effect, do you think? 🙂

I used to make a danish where the pastry took 2 days to prep: combination of ingredients, kneading, then storing in the freezer overnight, which somehow made all the difference. Next day, kneading, then back in the freezer for 30mins, then roll flat before filling and folding quickly before it got too warm from handling. The pastry would come out like it was overworked but with a softness to it inside 🙂

I can’t make it anymore because my hands aren’t strong (there’s lots of kneading), however it was a huge favourite, filled with homemade firm vanilla custard and a special blueberry short jam I made the day before, and I’d drizzle it with raspberry coulis made hot right as the danish came out the oven 😊🌺

Yes @PinkFlamingo , mine  looks like you second batch photo xx

@Oaktree , @Birdofparadise8 

Yumm ❤️ 

Lovely @Shaz51 😀🌺

so nice aren’t they! 
This was a great selection for the inaugural cook along @Oaktree , thanks heaps 🙂💜🌺

Oh I am glad that you guys liked them @PinkFlamingo @Shaz51 

I just picked them because they looked interesting. In reality they don’t end up as yellow as in the video. I can’t wait to try them. So far you are winning the contest @PinkFlamingo with a successful batch and a photo posted. Maybe @Shaz51 will work out how to post her picture 

@PinkFlamingo @Shaz51 @Birdofparadise8 @Judi9877 @tyme 

I am thinking of putting a requirement on the next recipe selection from whomever the winner is at the 24th March. I am thinking that the next recipe should be savoury? Whoever wins could have till the end of the month to choose a YouTube recipe and then post it beginning of next month. We could also whip up some Anzac cookies on Anzac day as a special bonus recipe. Thoughts?

Sounds like a plan @Oaktree 

I'll make the cookies either tomorrow or Tuesday. 

@tyme 

Are you still planning to make your own special version of these lemon crinkle cookies? I am starting my cookies tomorrow hopefully.

Yes @Oaktree 🌺🙂

it’s an interesting recipe for sure - different to the way I would normally make something for a sweet treat ☺️

I enjoyed giving them a try! 
cant wait to learn how everyone goes with them when ready 🙂💜

@tyme  @Shaz51 @Birdofparadise8 @Judi9877 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance