Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Hey @Zoe7

Good in you for keeping an even keel. That's more than can be said for most around these days and at my workplace where people talking a lot based on speculation. I also stopped talking to conspiracy theorists who believe covid19 is an attempt by people to take over our lives. It's just illogical and not good for our health I think. I just can't stand people who think they know everything about what's going on and what the best solution is.

This is why I admire your approach so much:)

This too shall pass

Hi @Zoe7 @MDT 💕

Thanks @MDT We can only do what we can with what we have - no more and no less - it is certainly a challenging time but finding the good in each day, not looking too fsr ahead and valuing the people/support that we do have is what matters the most. I am more than happy to be at work and also home with my fur babies - both are good for my mental health. I miss my sister and would love to visit to play with her new kitten but I can't so I have to accept that for now - it is what it isand whilst we cannot change things we need to learn how to live within the life and constraints we have for now. Yes 'this too shall pass' - just going to be a while until it does - in the meantime appreciate what we do have. keep ourselves safe and live more in the moment 👍

Hi @Faith-and-Hope How has your day been Hon?

Hi @Zoe7 .....

Its been another "bitsy" day ..... some legals, some cleaning up, some uni work, some helping D3 pack up her stuff.

Just getting to cooking the dinner now.

How are the fur babies tonight ?

Another full on day for you then Hon - I hope it is a bit more relaxing for you tonight.

Fur babies are good @Faith-and-Hope I have just fed them their night biscuits so they will both be asleep soon no doubt. Toby certainly made an impression in our Skype meeting this morning - full bottom view to all as he jumped up onto my lap. I had to move him several times until he stayed by my side. He also though he was coming with me when I left but I had to tell him I was going to work - he actually understands that ...his little ears did drop and I felt sad I couldn't take him with me Smiley Sad

Cat is good too - she has put on more weight ...I could feel it when I picked her up tonight. I will have to keep an eye on that though as we don't want her to be too overweight as that will cause more problems eventually ...but for now what she wants she gets 👍

How is Nelly? Is she still attached to D3 or spending time between the both of you? ..,and how are you feeling tonight?

Nelly is good @Zoe7 .... turning her nose up to the tinned food, but I am mixing it with her biscuits (they are the same, biscuits and tinned food, so it's clearly about the texture) and insisting that she eat at least some of it before I keep topping it up with biscuits.  

I don't want to be in a position where I have to offer something other than biscuits and she won't eat ..... so trying to get her to be a little less fussy.

I am tired, and a bit sore from dismantling and shifting furniture bits and pieces, but nothing a good sleep shouldn't take care of .... and hopefully after that exercise it will help me sleep.

I laughed to hear that Tobes was looking for the mystery people on your computer .... lol

Oh naughty Nelly @Faith-and-Hope They are strange little creatures with food - Cat will only eat 2 varieties but I found some biscuits she likes when the ones she used to eat were not being made anymore ...but I think I got lucky! 

Yes Tobes was really put out and confused - then he sat on the computer to show his backside to all lol He is much happier tonight - sound asleep on the couch making his usual little puppy noises ...so cute.

I do hope you can get some sleep tonight - rejuvenate a little to tackle tomorrow. Do you have much on - or the same type of day as today?

Similar sort of day to today @Zoe7.  I think it will be like this for most of the week.

I needed to get more drawing done today than I have, so it's still a juggle to fit it all together.  I am trying to follow our uni timetable to get things done and keep my focus across all subjects, but life issues are getting in the way a lot at the moment.

Too right @Zoe7

Hey @Faith-and-Hope hope you are well my friend

You can only do what you can do Hon - and some things are more important at the moment to cross off or achieve. I know you will do what you need to do but try not to put any pressure on yourself either - your health is the most important ...and part of getting your home in order helps with your mental wellbeing, sense of self and place 👍 You will do what you need when you can and that is all you can ask of yourself. Heart

@Faith-and-Hope I am now doing the art/craft session for our planning as the teacher that we asked to do it is not coming back to school. She only worked one day a week anyway (on contract) so that will now be covered by those of us left. Unfortunately I suspect most of that will fall to me as it is the one day that most of the others in our team have off. The teacher who works 3 days a week on the class next to me has been on sick leave for the last 3 weeks and that will continue (apparently) for as long as we are on lockdown. The other teacher that works one day on a Friday will be there though - so between her and I we will need to cover everything both online and at school ....going to be interesting!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance