Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social space

Re: Newbie's Social Club - Come make some friends!

@Alittleorange 

Bunnings is definitely my favourite place! I bought a lavender plant today.

I'm not working at the moment either but am hoping to soon. Hence the reading and gardening and spending time with my dog and parents.

I'm sorry to hear that your dog passed away. The greatest injustice in this world is that animals don't live as long as humans. I have a golden retriever.

@Ru-bee my dad and I have been doing some repotting and developing the backyard. So slowly planting some trees. We planted a Tea Tree and a Lime tree.

How was your weekend?

@magnolia84 

Golden retriever, beautiful. Mine was a kelpie ridgeback cross, boundless energy.

It is good that you keep busy, my 24 year old son contacted mt today and said he just signed his first work contract to commence in October. He has just completed a degree.

I am in the middle of a series of books by Brandon Sanderson he introduced to me, the problem with these series is you need to finish them, and so does the author!! What are you reading at present?

@rav3n No this first time having this problem I dunno even know wat my issue is just feel broken 

oh i see, dealing with those negative and intrusive thoughts especially for the first time can definitely be scary @Me2024 but it does not mean you're broken. when i experienced those dark thoughts at first, i didn't know what was wrong either and the 'not knowing' stressed me out too - i talked it out with a clinician who helped me process and understand them. do you have someone you feel comfortable talking to about this? 

if those thoughts are getting overwhelming and you feel you need immediate support, please reach out to:
Lifeline 13 11 14 https://www.lifeline.org.au/ 
Lifeline Text Support 0477 131 114 https://www.lifeline.org.au/crisis-text/ 
Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467 
https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/ 
If feeling unsafe, please contact 000

i know it feels uncomfortable not knowing why those thoughts/feelings are there, and that's okay too. sometimes it takes time and we need to take things step by step to uncover the reason behind those feelings (and we may need professional support to uncover this). you are not broken or less for experiencing this, and you are not alone. finding some coping tools might be helpful too, we can brainstorm some for you to try if you'd like?

here for you 💗

Hi all, 

Thanks for the welcome, I am new here. I guess I stumbled across this because I was searching online for group therapy and haven’t really found anything. 

Been separated for a few months now and I am really struggling with it. So I guess Im just looking for new friendships, distractions, not really sure tbh. 

I didn’t realise many here are from NSW, I am from the western suburbs of Sydney. 

Hows everyone’s week going? 

Hi @J22A, so nice to meet you

I'm so glad that you found this space to connect 🙂 and if you're still interested in group support you may like to check out Recovery Club which includes weekly groups. You can check it out a bit more here to see if it's something that might be helpful for you.

@magnolia84  Ooh sounds lovely. I'm hoping next weekend is warmer so I can do some gardening in my small courtyard. I had a nice cosy weekend, got to indulge in some of my crafty hobbies which was really nice, how was yours?

Thanks for that. I just registered! 

@Ru-bee what kind of crafts do you do? I wish i had the headspace and patience for that. At the moment it's solitaire on my laptop and reading haha.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance