Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

@tonys 

Wonderful yo hear from you, I was starting to worry. Thanks for the poem it was awesome. Take care and I hope that you feel better soon

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

Also @tonys just read your poem. An absolutely exquisite journey of words. Really powerful imagery, you're incredibly talented! Thank you for sharing 😍💜

@tonys 

Awesome to hear from you

Awesome poem

Hope you get back on your feet good and proper soon!

Hi there lovely clever @tonys 😊💝  Thanks for tagging me into your beautifully written Valentines Day poem. 👍 It really is very very good. 

Sorry to hear you are still suffering the effects of COVID. Lets hope it releases its clutches from you soon. ♥

To gaze into the eye of the horse is to be granted a glimpse of a tempest that barely tolerates us

@greenpea .  A special moment.  Your dream means something important.  I'll bet Smiling gecko or someone knows what dreams mean.  I surely don't,  but I am glad that much of me is stuck in one.

Thankyou greenpea.  I'm so lucky to have you as a friend.  Hope you and your "kidults"  are as happy as the times will allow.  I pinched your word and use it every chance I get.

Played this once but people gave up on it before they got to the words in the song..!  Its my go too

Autumn mood song.        One day please let me know how the diet is going. Take care friend. 

https://youtu.be/Pc3OnSQc48s?si=pq1yq5fmW0UDQ7Uo..

Thankyou for your beautiful words of suport  @Jynx   @Emelia8   @Oaktree  and all the kind souls on Sane .  Hope the love you give find a home back in you.                                                                                                                                    tonys..

@tonys   you are a good friend to pea i care for you alot.  when you say you are stuck in a dream me too.  i believe our existence is a dream particular to this universe that we live in.  i believe there are multiverses. this is just one we inhabit. Im a spiritual person not religious. i have started up with my weight loss routine again as i slacked off for awhile.  my health is so bad at the moment i cannot kid myself anymore now no more fattening foods.  The song is beautiful, soft and gentle thank you for posting it.  

Thankyou @ENKELI ..  Think your prayers are helping my friend.  If even half my prayers for raindrops

for my friends far west are heard,  I fear I may have prayed you a deluge.   I know only some of the challenges you are facing but good people always find a way through. Your better than good.  The oasis of winter will soon be here,  That will be our time to   recoup,   regroup,   and take back lost ground.

Take care Enkeli..                                                                                             tonys.

@ENKELI  It’s still Thursday! 
This is what happens when I wake up at 3:30am. 
My mind slid into Friday and Friday  hasn’t arrived yet.

G

A poetry thread! I just posted my poem in my rambling thread 😅

I've enjoyed skimming through and reading people's poems, thanks for being brave and posting them. I hope I can write again sometime soon 😿

I have another old poem though, here goes...

A Creation

The seams are near invisible

so the whole seems indivisible

an unnatural creation

bearing the form of man

the stitching is immaculate

but repetition cannot inculcate

the promise of normality

from a surgeons steady hands

it’s a blind old sinners trap

to hide the mind’s unholy zap

and survive a while by sophistry

to avoid the fiery brand

But eventually the truth will speak

betray the cause of sallow cheeks

and sunken eyes grown tired

old before their time

The faded form a cause of guilt

the physic takes on psychic wilt

serve penance and feel agony

for no deserv-ed crime

The body’s good, the brain is bad

the tale’s too common to be sad

can but bask in winter’s sun

before returning to the brine

Multiverse  you  say @greenpea .   Tantalizing concepts you raise my friend..   We are on the cusp of an  AI genesis.  People 

living, loving  cruise ship virtual holidays in the safety of a helmet.  Our senses convinced its real.

In centuries to come,  will the first self aware children be born in that world.    It happens now, without 

quantum computers each night in the universe of dreams.  Are we already the children of our computor generated forefathers.    Definatley fertile fields for poetry  Greenpea..   

Love is such a driving force in collision with an ever more lonely world. 

Do  minds conjure up scraps for love lonely people  to delude them that one more day is worth it,  in the search for  love. . .

LADY IN PEARLS...                      

I always did wonder about the lady in pearls

Does she sleep on soft pillows of cloud.

Is the comfort imagined   meandering mind

dishevelled drunk mutters aloud.

Rain drops of milk   on her meadows of silk  

caressing untouchable skin.

Dizzy room dance as we twirl in a trance 

Free falling our dances within.

I always did ponder   why sweethearts grow fonder 

the bottle surrenders to sips.

Did kisses grow sweeter

As we pay by the meter

Nirvana  in peach  parted  lips..

Did I imagine my hands on her hips

Waking  hair  raking with warm finger tips.

Forbidden hands grasping on mutiny ships.

Or a lie

that I justify

paid for in tips..

Second hand shoppers  playing taming of shrews.

Fed to the lions  for differing views.

The eye of the oyster   first covets the pearls

Abandoned old dolls    become dancing show girls..

Disturbed you may be  at pearls imposition

Holding her close in a foetal position.

Licked lead paint  armpits        institutional hell

Adonis  of  anger   holds keys to my cell.

Was  lady  in  pearls

just  me  in  my  head.

Better than truth  

in a love lonely bed.

But  ask  your self  why

my cold  cell  as  you  lock  it.                                                                    16.2.24

When  greeted  each  morn 

Three  more  pearls   in  my  pocket..     

For   Greenpea.   from tonys   mb 1    You gave me the idea mate.

and we thank the world for showing us love in all its wonderful colours.  dreams or real.

@Jynx   @Glisten   @Emelia8   @Acanthiza  @ENKELI   @SmilingGecko  @TAB  n  @StuF 

@Shaz51  @Historylover   @Tilz  @Appleblossom  @EternalFlower  @Meowmy  n @Former-Member  @Oaktree 

and all the beaut sane people sharing ideas and words.

Having a spell in the top paddock.  no more poems for a bit.  I promise. LoL     🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance