Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

OH ...  I saw the Frankenstein in bold.   But I saw another layer.  Someone on Sane, way back told me its stream of conscious writing.  You do it well .  I think poetry is like movies.  One may be disturbed,  shocked,  by what they see.   .  the good ones stain me .  I can look at a painting.  be mesmerized by it,  fall in love with it while having no clue what its about.  Always thought of Sane as an anonymous confessional.  And now in this 4 dimensional room. .   I recon we're actually having fun.   

doing it..   Thankyou for your words  @Acanthiza . .   I'll  be down in the wine cellar,  .  .  . dusting             

@Jynx  finds out I'm renovating her hotel,   I'll be in be in strife . . .    😊                 tonys..   

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

Hehe @tonys renovate away! Creative spaces can be whatever we want them to be! 

Also fun fact, I'm nonbinary! My pronouns are they/them. No stress though, no guilt in not knowing. 

Also, your post reminded me of a quote I like that maybe you will too: "Good art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable." I don't think it ought to apply to all art, cos art is how we express the truth in our souls, and that is something as varied as all the wondrous oddities in our strange universe. But also, nothing wrong with being a little disturbed from our comfort zones from time to time!! 

I haven't written much poetry of late, I haven't had time. But I know I should make time. So hopefully can contribute more soon. 

Big love 💜

Your going to have to give old tonys a bit of latitude here @Jynx ..  I'll have to ask my little helper when she come's Thursday to Educate me about the  non binary solar system and planets within.  I never went to school and only learnt to read in the greying years of my life.  But she'll straighten me out.

Having said that,  further simple explanations,  welcome mats fluffy n dry.   She has transitioned and is giving  insight to a man who spent most of his life in the mountains picking fruit.   We're becoming fast friends.  The daughter I always wanted. .  .  

As you can tell

I love your Hotel

two turtles in paisley non binary shell

said one to the other,    lets cast a spell

We willingly dance to your dreams . . .   Can you  tell . . .

Sorry   bit of fun... They just slip out.    and thankyou for letting us play, 

no matter the cut of our cloth.             tonys.. 

Aww @tonys what a sweetheart, I'm glad you've got such a precious person in your life!

As the magic is cast 

Two turtles at last

May dance 'neath moonlit sky.

Hotel lights aglow

Sweet music doth flow

Twin shells find friendship is nigh.

Let us always partake in hearty play!

😊💜

Amen ..   Brothers  /  Sisters. . . .    Bristers ..      😊  tns..

@tonys  your poem is great tony.. I should say this.. You have lovely words which can bring a smile to a face.

Thankyou so much for that @Tilz   If the images moved inside you,  then it is worth all the effort.  Your kindness motivates me back to the word smiths forge.     Kind thought to you Tilz..                  tonys

The waves are crashing down through the sands the sands moving always changing ever constantly the same the lights in the distance pushing the reflection the sun allowing the moon to breathe as the seconds find the hour time is lifeless the axis of time never pending the waves are crashing down

She stands alone
the phone pressed against her breast
tears flow
hope is gone
the sounds of home
distant from the life she lives
as the drugs take hold
what love is this

Last year I did some hard time in one of those hospital wards that tends to keep its prisoners. . .

Never realized just how much regret some folks harbour  and how easy the big bad boys

are reduced to a tear on the doorstep of fear..

For my very brave friend  @Glisten .   Today I celebrate her.

Last no Regret. . cigarette.

Long candy Chevy's 

Boulevards of curved mirrors.

Teak  leather  'n  chrome

and all it delivers

The man behind shades

breaths Cuban cigars

Bodies of the  Judas

In the boots of his cars. .

Snarls you an eyebrow

The maidens cold shivers.

Nicotine  tongues

over lips of chopped livers .

Mercy  a myth

in cruel  crocodile boots.

They're  already dead

before the man  shoots.

Dew  breasted barmaid

two buttons  unstrung.

From  heaving  desires

'neath an Alamo sun

She  loves him    she loathes him 

night sweats in a trance.

Craven  eyed  fires

in a ripped dress  romance..

Castanets  clicking

Flamingo  love  dance.

The  courtship of devils

throw whole worlds to chance.

The dance fever sails them

clear off the charts.

Brings forth the centaurs 

in wild lovers hearts.

Thrashing dark dance floors 

to passive submission

Cuckolds life fortunes 

in her dungeons  admissions.

From stallions to ponies,

Kings shown up for phoneys.

Her trophy rooms  welcome  additions..

Waking to sighs

Moist pillows  of warm thighs

To late for desire  when your  dead.

All those spent charms

Feeding  chemical  arms

On beds 

of  love  letters   unread..

@Jynx   @supermodel   @Tilz   @Acanthiza   @StuF   @Historylover   @EternalFlower   @Meowmy 

@Spirit_Healer  @MermaidHair    @TideisTurning   @Snowie  @Jacques  @creative_writer 

@Appleblossom   @StuF  @TAB   @Oaktree   @Emelia8  @Former-Member  @greenpea  @saturnzoon 

@Staffy_Mum  and @Thyme  and everyone who comes here for escape..

Hope there's a smile n laugh in your day Now...                thanks for enduring                                     tonys..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance