Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

Oh . .   I'm sorry @Emelia8 ..  Sad movies make me cry,  yet I play the Icarus again and again.

The moth that burns it wings just to feel something,   anything.    I think its to be celebrated that you

feel emotions so strongly. So many people are just  dusty,  shop store mannequin's.    I'm privileged to 

have a soft person like you to share  my images with. Please thank Hannah,   Sweet little pup.  Made me a bit dewy when I read that.   Butt . . .  Dew on dry flowers  is a very  good  thing.                    your friend        tonys.

Thankyou @Glisten .  You hold the record for making me feel so good,  with so  few words..

Bless you  my friend.      tonys.

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

@tonys darn it, I wrote a reply but before I could post it my mum rang and the page timed out. Apologies if you get 2 replies!

I hope you write your poetry down because it is really good and worth keeping. I love the depth of your verses and as I've mentioned before words are like art to me, they picture so much and I feel like I'm wrapped up in a colourful rainbow of prose.

I was going to post a poem that my father wrote but realised it could be triggering as it talks about Vietnam and how the Vets suffered upon their return. He's crappy at being a father but he's a damn fine poet.

@supermodel my very best wishes for your new academic adventure. I hope you enjoy it and excel at all you do

@Glisten how are you my fellow Perth-ite? Like me I bet you're glad the temp is dropping for the week. Was it you who had a sauna at your apartment complex?
Apologies if it's not you and to the person who does I still envy you!! As I have mentioned the air con in my 6 year old car has died and I thought maybe if I leave the windows up, lie on the backseat on a towel maybe I could re-create the spa experience! Lol, nope not happening!

@Jynx @Appleblossom  @Oaktree  @StuF  @KirSa_EnigmA  @Emelia8 @TAB @SmilingGecko 

@Historylover  @Shaz51

May your evening be a good one x

@ENKELI I admire your ingenuity. WA car saunas 🙌🏼 Yes my friend’s apartment where I currently reside has a sauna, gym and pool.

But I can’t stay here forever. They want to sell in 5 months.

I was at my daughter’s house this morning, helping her renovate the bathroom. I drank 3 litres of water. Best upper body workout.

G

@Glisten have you told your friends how inconsiderate they are?! Lol what a bummer. Do you have somewhere to move to? I know 12 months ago when friends of mine were looking for a rental they had a heck of a time trying to find something that wasn't too expensive. Rent here is ridiculous. 

Ooooh, bathroom reno's. I'd love to renovate my bathroom and kitchen, it's my savings goal for when I am working again. My house was built in the mid 90's and is a starter home. It was only a couple of years old when I bought it and some of the options the original owners chose were questionable. Like exposed brick around the gas stove.

Thank goodness it's cooling down for the week. I think it goes back up to 38 next Friday so I am going to take advantage of the cooler weather and hopefully find the motivation to do some spring cleaning.

Hope you have a lovely weekend 😊

Thankyou so much for your encouragement @ENKELI ..   To answer your question.  My carer has to 

fix up my spelling,  and since I got out of hospital she has been emailing them all to her boss along with a heap of  good short stories I have.  They are going to sift it all and see if they can do something with it.

So at least there are dated records of it.    I'm just grateful I can now share words in this place with people that understand..

@Jynx  did give fair warning that some of the poems may 'triggering'  when she started the thread so viewers can tune out,   which was thoughtful.     Now having said that,  it took me two goes to get that last 

poem up on tis thread because of the sensors,  and I had to make fast changes on the hop, but  I like that it challenges me.  I  am in truth grateful for the latitude they have allowed all of us                    .   So I   think / hope,

that you put that poem up.  The people that drink from this well ,  know the waters laced..  we all share

a love for words and a need for a place with no parachutes.                Hug to you @ENKELI 

@ENKELI BAHAHA - my friends are so inconsiderate! LOL 🤣

ATM my life is like painting a picture and someone asks, what are you painting a picture of? My answer is, I don’t know. But I’ll recognise it when I see it.

G

Please do not apologise @tonys for evoking an emotional response from the reading of your poetry. That is, after all, a major aim of poetry. You have achieved what you should. ♥

@Emelia8 Hello 👋🏼 How you doing? I was just strolling by on my way out. 
Have a great weekend 

G

Hi @Glisten 😊 I am ok tks. Hope you are too?  ♥

@Emelia8  Any day above ground is a good day lol

Last T-ball game of the season today 

Go Wolves!

G

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance