Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bast
Senior Contributor

Bastless, Odin & Baby Girl

Hi all

Today has been difficult. And yes, this is predominately about another fur baby. Her name is Baby Girl. The spuose rescued her from a very busy road, brought her home & I had a very tiny little kitten in my hand, just so small. Perhaps 4 weeks old. 

Baby Girl had lost her mother, so I did my utmost to help her adjust to the loss. I settled her in, safe from my others, raced home from work & started bottle feeding 2x daily. She did so well, she moved to solid food & bottle feeding as per recomendations. 

She needed lots of cuddles & attention, suckled my ear & neck & once secure enough moved on to sleeping on my head whilst preening, purring & drooling.

Baby Girl is now 11 - I will always love her deeply. 

This week she fell accidentally, the spouse did not inform me until 24 hours later. So much pain she expressed, once I knew. Somehow she made it downstairs for food & screamed. The spouse was interorgated literally. 

My mind went into abject horror mode. I did the best I could, Baby Girl came upstairs to live with me in her "apartment". Room service provided. I woke at 3.00 am - this morning Baby Girl cried as she needed help to get out of the litter tray. I was utterly devastated.

Today we have been to the VET, throughly checked & provided with pain relief - the injury sustained may not be as severe, however 24 hours later when your cat is in severe pain is not OK. She is eating, drinking & on pain relief for thext 5 days.Apartment living only.

From there - I went to see a new Psychologist, I was a gibbering wreck. Worrying so much about what they might think. 

Just a difficult day

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bastless, Odin & Baby Girl

Hugs for you and gentle hugs for Baby Girl @Bast 🐈🐈💕💕💕💕

I hope she is feeling more comfortable soon
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance