Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lalaa
New Contributor

Covid19 re-emerging old thoughts

A quick intro- 34 year old mother of a gorgeous 2 year old with a previously quite well managed anxiety/depressive disorder. Medicated for 13+ years with regular psych input. Despite still having a job the instability around me has thrown me off balance and find myself dealing with urges to self-harm and self sabotage. No cutting or overdoses for 5 years yet I am battling these urges again just due to covid19.

Is this happening to anyone else? I am confused and frustrated with the way my thinking has deteriorated and now realize how much I depend on stability and routine

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Covid19 re-emerging old thoughts

I can completely understand. 35 year old single mum of two. COVID-19 has restarted/triggered all my negative mental health symptoms and it feels like I am drowning and struggling to get back up again. It is really hard as you can't use any of your normal coping strategies. Are there new things you could try and do while your stuck at home to continue a different routine? 

Hi

I am also experaincing the same. I have worked on myself for the last 4 years routine and socializing with other is something that keeps me together. Having my kids at home with little contact with others has spiraled me. I need help today

Hey there @RachP

Welcome to the forums. It sounds like the current isolation and having your kids at home has really disrupted the ways you usually cope. I know you're not alone in this, so I'm glad you reached out to connect here.  

You say you need help today and the forums are a great peer support space, what would you find supportive from the forums? Hearing how others are going, or from people who can relate?

Also if you need to speak to someone now try the SANE Help Centre 10am to 10pm, Monday to Friday AEST, or lifeline on 13 11 14 🌻

Hi

I am also experaincing the same. I have worked on myself for the last 4 years routine and socializing with other is something that keeps me together. Having my kids at home with little contact with others has spiraled me. I need help today

Hey there @RachP

This post looks similar to your first post, did you mean to post something different?

Not to worry, it takes time to get used to the forums and it can be clunky to learn Smiley Happy 

Thanks for the response @Fog. Part of me knows how hard the battle is and is frustrated that I was finally getting into a good groove with life and something so obscure could be the catalyst for my old patterns re-emerging with a vengeance. You're right, trying to make new routines and coping strategies is definitely required. 
Hope you are able to do the same and get back on top of things soon.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance