Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Criticised for everything

I'm really over being criticised for everything by my partner. It's getting to be really hard to tolerate. I get someone doesn't cope with kids. But I'm doing a lot. His anger and throwing it on me, I'm feeling worn of. Just needed to vent. Isolation with several kids is getting hard. How are others coping? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Criticised for everything

Hi @Former-Member. Sorry to hear you're experiencing that from your partner. That would be so hard. Are you living together? Being in isolation is tough enough, let alone while living with anger and criticism 🙁

I have three kids and am definitely having my moments of struggling with it all. Our house feels very small at times and the pressure to keep it together can feel very big. Overall I think we are doing OK but it isn't easy and it can take a lot out of us all.

Do you have any kind of break from it or time for yourself?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @CheerBear . Yes I think it's a challenging time for all parents. I saw something that resparked my thought on it. About being assertive against such anger. Otherwise it's tolerating something that isn't my fault and so it continues. It's been going on for a long time now. I understand his challenges and difficulty with loosing his work due to injury. But as adults we all can make an effort to seek help. I'm hoping if I keep standing up for me, he will change his attitude and realise I don't need to tolerate it. If you apologise I think you need to mean it. Not repeat the same action over and over. Thank you for your reply. It means a lot. 💞

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh I didn't answer your question! I go on walks. And I'm working on some diet alterations for my lungs that aren't the best. So this excites me. It's kind of self maintenance that I can do for me! 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance