Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Depression (not a post for sympathy & attention, just venting)

I always seem to have moods that fluctuate - I could be feeling ok, or content, then I get depressed, or vice versa. No reason behind it most of the time. Yes I have a Psychiatrist and am on meds. And no this post isn't for attention and sympathy, just needed to vent I guess.

It just seems like whatever I do and say and how much I try to be a good person and support people, I'm not good enough and am left out - there's always people better. I'm a failure. I try my best.

I'm just worthless and many other negative things, sigh.

80 REPLIES 80

Re: Depression (not a post for sympathy & attention, just venting)

@outlander since you said tag you

@Lee82 @Purplerain @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Former-Member 

@Former-Member  I hear you about the mood swings although at the moment I am always low I use to have a lot of moods swings even on meds. No rhyme or reason it just is. 
you are not a failure sweetie. You have a lot to offer people especially on this forum. Please don't feel like people are shutting you out if they don't tag you honey sometimes it's just hard to remember everyone's user names if it doesn't come up when you type @ . you are always welcome in every thread you want to be apart of. I am not good at tagging everyone myself. If I'm responding to someone i usually just tag them but I need to be more mindful at tagging others in my posts. I'm sorry if it felt like you weren't included but you are always welcome. 

hey @Former-Member im kinda struggling to think of what to say. not your fault, im just abit tired and quite unwell atm so not thinking quite clearly but im hearing you and your concerns, relate to feelings of unworthiness and the mood swings as well.

Hi @Former-Member and thanks for the tag. 😀

Im sorry to hear that you have ongoing mood fluctuations. Not at all easy to manage I would imagine.

I can relate to some of what you are saying ... about feeling a failure and not good enough. 😢  Unfortunately there is always bound to be people whom we perceive to be better than us ... more popular, more worthwhile, more knowledgeable.

But that does not make you a failure or unworthy, not at all.  I know you try your best, and I would encourage you to keep doing that.

What @Lee82 said is very true of many of us, so please bear that in mind.

@Former-Member .. this is not a criticism, merely an observation ... You spread yourself very thin around here. You have numerous threads opened up over a very short period of time. You appear to be fracturing your support base. And nobody knows where best to find you to post.

Please try not to take offence @Former-Member , I am only trying to help you find a solution. And please remember that you are welcome on any thread on the forums. Forming bonds and connections is not easy. Especially when you are a member of several other forums as well. It takes time and patience. 

Sherry 💕

@Former-Member I'm not a member of several other forums, just here, and I got my Reach Out account back. But I only use this mostly.

About my posts I've requested for them to be deleted, I just do that hoping people will see them and respond or something 

Sorry then if it's such trouble

@Former-Member can you please delete the threads I'm requesting for deletion, any mod?

Totally relatable. I’ve felt much the same and today has been my low, flat day. The attention I needed has now slowly dissipated and now I feel that give up feeling..
It appears a lot of us appear to feel the same.
I’m glad I’m not alone on this.
I listen to music to tune out. And sometimes that doesn’t help either.
I haven’t been sleeping so I think after three nights of hyper moods take a toll!
Do you sleep ok?

Its no trouble @Former-Member  😀

Im just concerned that you go from thread to thread (your own and others) and give up way too quickly. You are not giving your self a chance to develop connections.

Im sorry for making an assumption that you were still a member of two other forums. You had been talking very openly previously about those memberships. Anyway my error if that is no longer the case. 😕

Please take care @Former-Member and Im sorry my wellmeaning suggestions were not helpful to you. 😔  I was only trying to help you. 💜

Sherry

@Former-Member no I don't sleep okay

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance