Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

@Jynx
Elsa is definitely relatable. I feel like there is so much meaning behind the movie frozen, I remember watching let it go during one of my psych counselling classes (from my previous psych degree).

Is your forum pic you’re cat. Your kitties sound lovely, I feel like borrowing them 😅

@Snowie right now I have my psych, pdoc and peer support worker from another service, I only have one call left. I am thinking of rejoining SANE guided service once I’m eligible. I know there are helplines too, but I’m not very good at utilising them

Well I am glad you have some support @creative_writer Although I will always be here to talk to you and support you, I hope you are able to talk to your supports about some of these issues.

I struggle with the helplines too. I find the chat service for Life Line and SCBS can be helpful. I struggle with talking to someone on the phone so find I use the chat service more.

@Snowie I don't think it's a bad thing I have my psych appointment earlier this month. I was going to have it later, but it fell during placement hours, so got it moved earlier. Maybe my psych appointments are so infrequent, but it gets expensive if more often, so I don't know what else to do. Pdoc appointments are even more expensive, and ideally he wants to see me every 6 weeks or so right now. I still do get rough patches, though thankfully having no SI right now which I am taking as a plus. I have still be distressed and at times been on the verge of tears tonight. LL and SCBS are a hit or miss for me, I wish SANE chat service returned, I found it to be more helpful. I stumbled over my words when talking to people because my brain thinks faster than the words that come out of my mouth, not sure that even makes any sense

Psych and pdoc appointments are very expensive @creative_writer It really is a shame.

It's no wonder that more and more people are having issues with their mental health and not be able to get the treatment they deserve.

I'm glad your SI has quietened down hon. I know how hard it is to sit with those thoughts.

Sometimes crying helps. It can help release a lot of pent up emotions.

I wish the Sane chat would return too. I found it really helpful too.

@Snowie I feel like health has become so expensive, it can be hard to afford.

Crying can help but it also raises questions. I find it difficult to cry in front of my family.

I want to see sane chats returning to, it was my go to. Phone calls can be anxiety provoking and you also need privacy and space to do it

@Snowie aww yay for puppy cuddles and shopping dopamine!! Hehehe

Yeah my cats sleep curled up in a ball, and they look SO COSY. I wish I could curl into a ball and use my own tail as a pillow hehe. 

@creative_writer yeah it's a fantastic film hey! That and Inside Out have some really important messages about emotions. 

Hehe yep that's Trixie! Aww if I could send em to ya for some cuddles I would!! You could always go to a cat cafe? I only know of one in Aus, here in Naarm - but maybe there'd be more around 😊

Anyway here's ma fuzzballs 😻

431302339_781073360123594_4561400536538695901_n.jpg436052418_1645994235937368_7620219056716640865_n.jpg436733374_1482270019359260_8285302138799925409_n.jpg

Good luck @Snowie  with finding a community transport service through your local council 🤞

After Thursday and Monday (your mother's appts) - when is your D's surgery?

I was pleased to hear yout thoughts weren't as bad yesterday 🙂 Also that the big dinner went well. 

@Snowie  and @creative_writer  I also deteriorate in my MH as the day goes on, and get quite unfunctional in the evenings. That's one reason I don't go online on the forums in the evenings. Everything looks too bleak for me. I feel more positive in the mornings, I assume because I'm a morning person. 

Those are gorgeous photos @Jynx 

I'm sure they are spoilt very much just like Izzy is!!

@NatureLover D's surgery is next Friday. Just a day procedure will be home that night. Will just have to live on mushy food for awhile.

I find I'm not great by the evenings either. Maybe it's because we are using so much energy just getting through the days.

@creative_writer @NatureLover @Jynx I hope all of you are having a good day.

@Jynx they are so adorable ❤️ . I do agree inside out is also really powerful, I did an assignment on that movie 🙂 , it was a fun assignment, though it probably wasn't my assignment, marking was so stringent. I sometimes wonder if my grades would have/would be better if my brain cooperated better.

@Snowie I just had my psych appointment. I hope you are doing well

Hi @NatureLover I hope you are doing well. I don't know if the caffeine gets me through the day, and it then wear off later in the day. Caffeine improves my mood and migraines. Maybe that's why pain tends to be worse later in the day too
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance