Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Really depressed and struggling right now, need people to talk to please

Hi, I hope this is okay to post in this topic, otherwise moderators/admins, feel free to move it to an appropriate topic.

I'm really struggling right now. I'm on meds and I don't know if they're working, I started them on a low dosage at the start of the month and I'm waiting for my prescriptions from my Psychiatrist in the mail for higher dosages, which I'm scared about, like I have been with all previous meds and dosages I've had in the past.

I only see my Psychiatrist once a month, I don't have a Psychologist because of how they've treated me in the past. I'll be seeing a new GP since as mentioned in another post, my GP is hopeless (just search my name and I assume you can find the post explaining it all that way?), and after this experience I'm scared to see another one.

I live in a small country town, 4000 or so people. I can't get a job, volunteer, meet people, nothing, I've tried everything and I mean everything. I applied for the DSP for mental health and waiting to hear back from them. I can't afford to study at TAFE and/or Uni and don't have the mental capacity anyway, and Centrelink won't help, hence me applying for DSP.

So I just spend my days at home online, walking the dog, colouring in, listening to music or out with my parents, in other words I have no life.

I'm really struggling, my Psychiatrist is great and I have no problem with him at all. But I told him I'm sorry because I feel like a burden and he said "you're not a burden, that's my job" in a kind, reassuring way with a smile. I should mention I see my Psychiatrist on Skype (Telehealth through this company) because he's in Sydney and I'm in Victoria which is a 6 hour drive, I'm not sure if he sees patients in person or not.

I appreciate my Psychiatrist reassuring me but I still feel like such a burden, like he has to do so much for me, although that's his job, but that's also my old GP's fault because she doesn't do anything and has no knowledge of nothing, and refuses to prescribe me meds (don't know why) so I was thinking of complaining about her.

I really don't know what to do anymore. Sorry that this post is long, I'd love and appreciate it if someone can read it and reply even if it's just hello, thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Really depressed and struggling right now, need people to talk to please

Hello.
I’m sorry you’re going through this, it sounds crap.
Can you get a new GP in your town?
Your psychiatrist sounds alright though.
Sorry for the crap response my brain has switched off for the day.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance