Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

Seeking help for su.

Hi, I feel like I am heading for a nervous breakdown.  I'm holding it all in and together till the house is sold.  I've told my therapist that one appointment a week is not enough, though I understand the situation that she is unable to help more.  So, she suggested that I contact a mental health service that deals with suicidal people.  I did...I had used them before.  So I called the counsellor I saw before, think about this, your job is to see suicidal patients, but all she wanted to talk about was how things were with my abusive nephew.  She suggested that I get a referral to see her, but I don't want to.  I'm still not handling things and need extra support, so I went to uni to see one of the counsellors. Her advice was to just hang on and wait for it to pass.  It upsets me that I tell people that I am not coping and I am frightened of what I might do and no one actually gets it.  It's not just them, it's me too, I don't want to go to hospital, I don't want anyone in my family to know, etc, so I don't give them any options but to hope for the best.  There's nothing anyone can really do anyway, I am kind of over it really, life, struggling, trying, etc., more than anything I just want to go to sleep and not wake up, I'm soooo tired.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Seeking help for su.

Hi @Lemonjuice 

I am so sorry to hear that you have been trying to get professional help without any success. That sounds very frustrating.  Please look after yourself tonight and keep reaching out for help. Your persistence and resilience is most admirable. I hope you get some sleep and peace.

regards

Whitehawk

Hi @Lemonjuice. I related to a lot in this post. I too find it really hard to reach out when I am really not coping and am frightened of what I might do. I feel stuck. Not wanting to have people intervene but really needing some support. I feel scared of what might happen if people knew but scared of being on my own with it too. I can feel like no-one can help anyway so I question the point of reaching out and feel frustrated at myself (and everyone and everything). It's a really hard place to be.

I'm sorry you're so tired. It's so tiring to have so much to deal with and to have such a fight to get through it. It's really sucky to try and reach out when it's hard to do, and to not have it seem to help.

Wish there was something more to offer than I hear you. We're listening if it helps to share.

@CheerBear it actually does help reading your reply cause I feel like I am not the only  one.  You described it perfectly.  Thank you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance