Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

TW sexual assault anniversary

Today is 1 year since it happened. Not coping.....I can't do this. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: TW sexual assault anniversary

Hey @The-red-centaur

Anniversaries can be really powerful triggers when it comes to painful events. I'm sorry you're going through this right now. I'm going to send you an email to check in with you. 

Take care, 

Tortoiseshell 

Sorry to hear you're struggling @The-red-centaur. I find anniversaries super hard too and I can see how this day might be a really hard one for you.

How have the last couple of hours (since your post) been?

Sending you thoughts

@Tortoiseshell @CheerBear
I cooked dinner and watched half of starwars. I then contacted 1800respect coz things got too much. I'm a little better now and I'll try to be safe.

Hi @The-red-centaur 

So sorry you are going through this again, at your one year anniversary.  So hard, I know.  Because I go through it every year too.  I have my 24th anniversary coming up in just over a week.  Something I have been dreading.  Triggers around anniversary time are that much more extreme and affect us so much more than at other times.  I dont know why it is.  When I told my psych last week when I saw her that it was just ridiculous that I was reacting in this way after so many years.  She said that "even if your mind is not reminding you of this anniversary, your body will know, and it will react accordingly".  Be prepared, stay grounded, reassure yourself that it isnt happening now, you are a survivor, you are brave, you will be okay.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance