Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: The absolute horror that my life currently is.

@Powderfinger 

Have you heard of gaslighting?

If not have a read hun xxx

Hi @Powderfinger. It seems like things have been really rocky and challenging for you for a while now and I'm sorry. The situation sounds like a rather complex one that is somewhat emotionally charged and tricky to get your head around and really process- I feel like the questioning is understandable given all of this, though it can be hard to sit with and get through. Wishing you strength as you navigate this rough road. 💜   

@Anastasia 

Yes, I have heard of gasligting and I know what it is. I believe I mentioned it in one of my posts on this thread. I am just getting my head around this as slowly and best I can. For me it is really hard to come to terms with someone I loved very much and they said they loved me was gaslighting me. There is part of me that is scared I have it all wrong and there was another reason she believed I was commiting acts of domestic violence. That I was abusive. I spent so much time learning about her and her past. I had so much empathy and compassion. Out of my love for her, I really wanted her to have a happy life. I am spendting time trying to recover and determine who I was in the relationship and what I felt was right. Most times I want to cry when I think about things. I guess there is a lot for me to get through. Thank you for reminding me about gaslighting beautiful. xx Love you. 

@TideisTurning 

Thank you for the post. All I can say is yes to all of it. Every day is hard to sit with everything and get through it. On top of that life does not stop moving and and things do not stop happening. There is no pause button. It seems the only way I am ever going to find peace in my life is just to be by myself. I have been thinking about this for years. Of course I have made no firm decsions yet, but the thoughts have not left me. Sure, there are beautiful people in the world. I just question if it is something I truly need a lot of in my life. That is not a priority for me now though. The relationship I was in is at the forefront of my mind and just truing to get through each day. Thanks for wishing me strength. 

@Powderfinger Sorry I cannot add anything presently but am listening.

@Zoe7 

It is alright. I am running out of words. 

Thinking of you @Anastasia and @Zoe7  Heart

Ditto my friend @Powderfinger @Zoe7 

How are you doing today?

How are you travelling @Powderfinger ,..?

i do hope you are finding moments of light 

peri

Thank you @Powderfinger Still struggling with my teeth but other than that doing okay.

Have been reading around the forum of your ongoing pain, grief and struggles and sending you a whole bunch of love Heart

Hi @Anastasia @Peri Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance