Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Kitten
Senior Contributor

Very overwhelmed

Hello, I haven’t been in here for awhile. Things seemed to be really good but no I feel alone and that no one cares. I tell people I can’t deal with it anymore. The pressure they put in me but they don’t listen. I put hours into other people and then I lay here crying get 10 mins and they leave me as there needs are more important than me.  

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Very overwhelmed

So sorry to hear that you feel unimportant @Kitten We are here for you though and listening. Tell me a little more about you - I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting you before Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reply zoe7. 

My mum and sister are alcoholics and I find it very difficult to deal with them. They drink every night and stay up late and I need to go to bed and get up for work. I worry about them not getting to bed safely so I say up and wait for them. I try to tell them this but they just don’t listen or care. My partner also lives with us and he just says I should ignore them. I really do try but I have had a lot of pressure lately and they are really getting to me atm. He sat with me whilst I was crying for 20 mins then he leaves me. This really upsets me. Thank you for listening. 

Oh that sucks @Kitten Smiley Sad I can totally understand you wanting to make sure your family are safe but you need to come first Hon. Your partnr seems like he wants to support you but can't really handle the situaion himself. I know it is hard to support someone close to you when you can see how much damage other family members are doing by their actions. All you can do is look after yourself - your mum and sister can look after themselves or each other - you are number 1 here and what you do to look after yourself matters. Heart

I find it really hard in regards to my mum. She is 73. She has many health issues. If my sister just goes To bed I feel I have to stay up to get Mum her dinner and tablets. She has terrible back pain so I worry about her slipping over. They drink outside so sometimes Mum has to come in by herself. I just sit and wait with her until she is ready to come in. I am doing it right now. 

I get how hard this is on you @Kitten 

I am going to tag in @Faith-and-Hope here as I have to go to bed - can barely keep my eyes open but want you to continue to get support here. I will check in tomorrow to see how you are traavelling.

Goodnight Kitten Smiley Happy

Hi @Kitten.... 🌷

I have had a quick glance here, but I am fighting sleep myself now, and need to go.

Here are some support services that may be able offer support and advice, along with being here with us so we can walk along with you .....

I will check back in with you tomorrow, but have a look at these and see what you think.

https://au.reachout.com/tough-times/addiction

https://www.verywellmind.com/information-for-families-of-alcoholics-63317

http://thefirststop.org.au/family-support-services/

Checking in with you @Kitten to see how you are going today! Did you get some sleep Hon?

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope for providing those links for @Kitten - I hope they helped for extra support Smiley Happy

Morning @Kitten @Zoe7 ..... 👋💕

Hope the links are useful, and there are more .....

@Kitten I will tag you to a thread on the Carers side of the forum too, to meet others in a carer role to family members or as a career, but only respond there if you want to.

I have a busy day today, but I will be checking in here and there.

Hope it’s a reasonable day for you both.

💐💕

Hi Zoe, thanks for checking in. I feel a bit better today thank you. Had a very busy day at work and dealing with an employee who has issues has got me down.

i will read through the links but I just don’t have the energy atm. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance