Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: What do you do when ....

@Chris  Sorry to hear the visit to the GP didn’t work out, I hope you had the chance to try again.  I was going to respond to you yesterday but the medication I’m on for my ankle kind of knocked me rotten, I pretty much slept all yesterday.  I’ve stopped the pain killer for now, it just makes me too sleepy.

How are you feeling today?  

Well i tried again.i was told i was booked in for 11.15. Iwas told  and had it written down for10.30 it was all i could do to wait till 11 and i again walked out. I couldnt handle waiting any longer. I have an appointment with my psychologist  tomorow(they rang me last night with a cancelation) then my psychiatrist rang and asked if i wanted an appointment for two weeks time, so i took that one too. Hopefully it will all work out better tomorow. I feel really muddled up. My mood is swinging from one extreme to the other. I can hardly keep track of what day it is.

@Chris  It’s so frustrating having to wait so long for a drs appointment, you wonder how they could possibly be running so late that early in the morning.

I’m glad you have an appointment with your psychologist, hopefully you will be able to get a few things off your chest and not feel so muddled.  

I understand what it’s like to have the extreme mood swings, it’s not a comfortable place to be.  I hope you start to feel better real soon ❤️❤️

Hi @Chris

I guess I'm not much help, but believe me, I do so very much understand.

When the feeling of being alone when others are around, one can feel very lonely, but being 'alone'....it's almost like a vacuum. I understand not knowing what to do, I tend to wander aimlessly around the house, sort of zombie-like.

I know it's no help, but might be something to find there are others who feel similar.

lots of hugs 🙂

Thank you both for your support.  I was very open with my psychologist.  She thinks i should seriously consider going into hospital. It will probably take two weeks to get a bed. I really dont like the idea. I really hate going in for many reasons. We did come up with some stratagies to put in place straight away. I will see her again on Monday (which was my original appointment) Then i see my Psychiatrist a week Tuesday. So in the mean time i need to make sure i put these stratagies in place every day.

@Chris  I’m so glad you were very open in your session with your psychologist.  It sounds like you may have gotten a few things off your chest, and now have some strategies to help too.

Maybe after seeing your psychologist again and your psychiatrist you might feel better about going to hospital.  I’ve never had a hospital stay so I wouldnt know what to expect, but I imagine there will be people to help and you will get time to rest.  I know you’re not happy now, and if a hospital visit can make you feel better it sounds worth it.

If it helps to keep chatting, I’m happy to be a listening ear.  I’m guessing you're feeling a bit wiped out after your appointment today, I know I’m pretty wiped out after my sessions.  I hope you get some peaceful rest tonight ❤️❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance