Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Mental health and menopause // 15 Aug, 7pm AEST

So does that mean at my age of 52 with two missed periods i am still in 'peri menopause' stage? and it could take 4 yrs!????? OMG

Ridiculous huh @BlueBay We get it a bit rough huh!?

@NikNik, I think I went through some years of perimenopause but my periods were pretty regular until they just stopped. This meant I was never recognised as being in perimenopause. I think it might have helped if I had known it. As with many things, I find that education can be very beneficial. For that reason, I am glad that the forum is having this topic tuesday and that it is discussed elsewhere on the forum too. For younger women, I think it's really difficult because it's so rarely spoken about in the really real, so many of us don't really know what we are coming up for.

at 53 and i am on estrogen replacement once a week  @BlueBay, @NikNik, @Mazarita

That's so true @Mazarita and everyone is so different.

I am so glad that we are having these discussions too:)

@Shaz51, I decided not to go with hormone replacement therapy. I take so many meds already, I didn't really want to add another medication to the regime. So far it's going okay, even though I have certainly noticed many of the changes and some of the problems associated with menopause.

So after menopause what problems do we get - why palpitations, arthritis (it is because of no oestrogen)

No not medication @Mazarita , the other , what is it called ??? @NikNik

do you mean patches @Shaz51

good question @BlueBay and i have the added one which is kidney disease which is not helping at all @NikNik

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance