Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Self Care for Carers // Tues 20th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

I hear you Mindy. Ever struggle with the small talk question 'How are you?' when your whole world is a dark cloud of worry? Hugs.

Hi, joining in after a long break. Caring for my adult daughter and facing new health diagnoses for her and also myself. Good to reconnect. Self care for me starts with thinking about my needs....just noticing and realising before I can do anything 

Doing activities for relaxation, taking time out of the situation, talking, offloading feelings. I enjoy swimming but Atm its difficult with covid lockdown and Im finding it hard to motivate myself to make the time to do other activities i enjoy. 

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Yes everyday

Taking time to look after yourself, so you can be the best you can for both yourself and your loved ones.

OK thanks. Im a carer of my 18 year old daughter who has BPD. She also has an eating disorder. Im not coping very well. She has moved back with her dad who is quite controlling and she has a poor relationship with him. I feel like Ive abandoned her but Im pretty exhausted

Hello @znp , sometimes it is hard to find that right balance my friend 

I found it hard sometimes being a carer or when to be a wife 

sometimes we can fall into over caring our loved ones 

learning it daily and finding your placing is important 

Hi @Emelia8,

Such a big loss you have had Heart I have been a carer for someone who passed, and the biggest thing I learnt was to be gentle with myself through the grief Heart We are having a Topic Tuesday next fortnight on the topic of grief and loss, and I think that might be a really helpful one to answer some of the questions you may have. 

Your forums family is here for you Heart

@znp If I'm feeling jittery I'll maybe go for a walk or some exercise or try and distract myself from what I'm thinking about. I play guitar so that helps, but any crafty thing or a movie. Or something you love doing that you can escape into. I also avoid caffeine it makes me so much more jittery. 

BB 🐰💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance