Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

TT LE Tile.jpg

Whether you have a pet that makes a huge difference to your wellbeing or you have the pleasure of connecting with animals in wildlife on walks or nearby you! There are lots of ways animals impact our mental health and we have decided to do a whole Topic Tuesday dedicated to talking about just that! We may even share some funny animal memes??! Come along and get involved. 

images-1.jpgimages-3.jpg

Want to receive an email reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

I'm new here - what is Topic Tuesday?

Topic Tuesday runs from 7pm - 9pm AEST monthly. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. Sometimes Topic Tuesday will feature a special guest, who is an expert in the topic.

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Topic Tuesday takes place right here! It's text based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put questions out for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

What time does this event start in my timezone?

• AEDT- 7pm
  • AEST- 6pm
  • ACDT- 6:30pm
  • ACST- 5:30pm
  • WST- 4pm

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

133 REPLIES 133

Re: Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

Good evening everyone! @SmilingGecko @Lorray @Avril007 @IZZE51 @Cutiepie @Rosebud @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Owlunar @CheerBear @outlander @Valentine @Zoe7 @Maggie @Former-Member @Snowie 

Welcome to tonights Topic Tuesday where we are chatting about animals, pets and the impact of these loves in our lives.

We know not everyone will specifically have a pet, so don’t worry! Come along tonight with an animal in mind that you love or that inspires you generally too. Animals impact us in every shape and size and in every type of capacity – pet or not.

If you are new to this event- welcome! I will be posting some questions to the community throughout the night to get conversation going and I think we will have some pretty cool chats here about animals. And remember to keep hitting the refresh button on your browser to see the replies!

One thing to consider– while we do and will most likely share images or details of animals or pets in our lives, please just be aware of our guidelines around anonymity. The forum space is an anonymous one for safety, it is publicly viewable. So if you feel there are things in the picture that make you feel you could be identified try to choose another one, if you wish to use a different name fo ryour pet thats fine or feel free to describe them using words too!

download-1.jpg

With that said - lets get going! Lets start by sharing what brought everyone here tonight or shall I say what animal inspired you to get involved tonight? 

Re: Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

Hi everyone 👋👋👋

My kelpie x border collie @Lauz 

Hiya everyone 🙂 Looking forward to tonight's discussion!

My three very awesome cats are what inspired me to get involved tonight. I love them so, so much 🐱😊

Hi @Lauz @CheerBear 

Hi 👋 @outlander 

Hi @outlander and @BlueBay so glad you could come along tonight! Oh a kelpie x border collie is such a beautiful mixed breed @BlueBay 

Can't wait to hear more tonight! What kind of animals are in your life or inspire you @outlander?

Hi @CheerBear - oh wow three cats! So much love there I bet! Three must keep you busy as well haha 🤗

I have alot of animals in my life @Lauz though im not inspired by any of them. Id love a cat though!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance