Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

@Former-Member you can oragnise some of the fundraisers yourself like a yoga session or a high tea or something to. If you have a look on their website and also on their facebook page theres quite abit of infomation. .
I havent attended any myself as yet. Im only learning about the events this yr myself. Last yr was my first yr.

There is a walking event coming up that i might attend though.

I tend to just make up as much as possible. I ask that people donate their handbags to me though as that is the most expensive part. I buy a few things each week from the start of the yr and put away in a box so theres enough usually for around 10-15 bags.
Last yr i donated 32 bags

www.sharethedignity.com.au

@Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

How does it make you feel doing this @outlander?

Its good @Former-Member i like knowing that it is actually helping people.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander  

images (84).jpeg

Goodnight little one. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yikes @outlander looks like I cut off our convo rather abruptly - sorry if it come across as that - was nearly asleep.  Did you manage to get any rest? 

Good morning @Former-Member
No thats ok. I like the pic i didn't see it last night.
I did get some sleep but on and off. I was up about 4 feeling really sick. Think its the emotional turmoil causing that.

How about you?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Think it was close to 6.30 when I awoke, got a little lay on though, Mr D likes to get up first, do his thing. He comes and gets me up when brekky ready and coffee made 😀 @outlander.  I was thinking I should get up at the same time and take the dog for a run in the paddock but am not all that keen as there are bandicoots about which she is interested in. They are possibly nesting ...

I might ask some friends today if they have spare good condition handbags - see if I can match you bag for bag (or at least contents) over the next 6 months.

Darcy

Aww thats so sweet and cute @Former-Member glad you got a lay in.
Hmm yes be careful of those creatures esp when nesting!

That would be super @Former-Member im not sure if they take the bags after the start of december though. I can check though if you like? Or you could ask as i know they do collection drives as well so all those items but without the handbags.
Im still kinda new to it myself so im not to sure...
Former-Member
Not applicable

I had a look at the website and there is a collection point not far from where Mr D goes for his Grow group. I will ring them and check as to when they accept donations @outlander.  

I best get moving my chicka, heading out this morning and I need to start dressing this old mutton up as lamb 😀. Trust your day picks up a little. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance