Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Need help with a complex situation with depression

It's ok. It's a big day for you @Faith-and-Hope. Nik has sent me an email. Thank you 💜😊😘💐

Hi @Shaz51.

💜💐💕 @Former-Member

Hi @Faith-and-Hope. Thank you for all your support. I'm ok for now. I'm going to need lots of support being grounded this weekend. Your last post this morning breaking things down into the little things helped today. I'm about to be on a huge roller coaster for the next few days, make that weeks. I'm scared to go back to my other thread because I need help but not too much attention just now.
So much appreciation for all your help. Love and hugs 💜🤗

So glad you are feeling okay in this moment @Former-Member ....

Please do something now that I believe is important for your recovery .... ?

Can you focus, just very briefly, on how it feels to be grounded .... so you can start making an imprint of it .... a marker to return to when you're not so grounded ....

Think of it like the memory of the warm sun on your skin at the beach, or the cool lapping of the ocean water over your toes on a hot day ... in fact if you link those visuals to the memory of feeling grounded, you will likely be able to recall the feeling by thinking of the visuals.

Hugs sweetheart .... ❤️💕

Ok grounded right now is a huge exaggeration @Faith-and-Hope. I've run away from home and am not sure which way is up but I'm not in SH mode. I am waiting to see what plays out at home before I work out if I can go home or not. I have a back up plan to go to my friends house who just got off a plane an hour ago from overseas. I really want to talk to you about it but really can't in this arena. But I'm holding my own, not quite grounded but not in crisis although not knowing where I'm sleeping tonight is a small drama to overcome.

Sounds like you're applying some good strategies in any case @Former-Member .... and it also sounds like what I would do ....

Not quite at the same level, but there are times when I don't go home so everyone else there have to work things out and find resolutions for themselves ..... I could imagine doing exactly the same with more intense circumstances ..... good for you .... !!

💜 .... with you in spirit ....

image.jpeg

@Former-Member .... 💙💛💜💚💕

Transferring the convo to here @Former-Member .... have I got you ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance