Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

@tonys  for you tonys. a beautiful song for a beautiful man https://youtu.be/T1m7QpQq-4c?si=Wzur4djHGt_l0qmJ

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

@tonys 

Thanks for another beautiful poem Mr Wordman! I really enjoyed this one. Good ole Pea for giving you the inspiration.

Thanks for another beautiful poem @tonys 😎

Hello @Acanthiza .  I always worried that this thread would wither on the vine like so many other 

creative writing threads I come across.   @Jynx 's  room in Hotel Sane.. Still a glow through the old blinds.  Thanks to those who keep it living..      I liked the stream of thought in

your words.   Got me thinking. . .  was the entity that made us,  a god with mental health issues.

The excised issues of all the gods,  stitched together.  Perhaps they saw the sadness in perfection. .

Plastic Hollywood heavens,  perfect skies,  mourning the absence of good old fashioned,  bad weather.

Anyway...     your breeze made my windmills turn.   thankyou.

@MermaidHair   I love the little gem in your post about unhappy child and poetry.  So much truth in that. We don't waste tears,  do we. Save em till we have enough for a little brook and then somehow we have to make it flow..n  glow.   

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. Too many to list.  Poets are like Pidgeon's.  Few 

breadcrumbs and thoughtful feet,    keeps us happy.  How are you @Emelia8.  Is your little pooch all fluffy, dry, n safe now.

I've had some stern words with the weather man about that.  LoL

Hi @greenpea .  Your song was definitely me.  thanks mate.  Hi @Oaktree   @Shaz51    @ENKELI  And anyone 

else who waters there pony here,  have a beautiful day                                                       tonys..

🙂

Ha ha @tonys 😂♥ yes thank you, my Hannah is currently dry, fluffy, and safe. Hoping the rain and storms from the past few days wrap up by tomorrow,  so puppy classes can go ahead 🐶 this week. 

Hope you are beginning to feel better 🌷🌻🌹

keep writing @tonys 

i read your beautiful poem about the pearls - it's all in the details - taking you right there and making you wander abou t t he person observing her as much as her - beauty is in the eye of the beholder 🙂

wow today was a day for me, i notice how things change instantly, the world is miraculous. 

@tonys Lovely to read this thread invigorated by your courage and wit and sensitivity.

Hope all is good… up the top paddock!

I been busy and devices giving me the pip. Packing in  and locking me out and all that.

Good thing is I have been busy and getting back into life. Not on a device. Hallelujah 

Thanks all who have posted their works! I've not finished reading through the thread, but @KirSa_EnigmA  I just had to say your poem Grabbed me. Love it.

Hey @tonys @Jynx @Appleblossom @EternalFlower @Emelia8  and everyone. Finally read through this thread! Great stuff

Thought I might throw in something I wrote a couple of weeks back for my group facilitator when she left for new challenges...

E

Our guide in the darkness

A beacon of hope

One so sensitive

Sworn to help us cope

This sure symbiosis

Between student and sage

Mindful companions

Far beyond the page

Each week is a lesson

In how to succeed

A step-by-step journey

To turn thought into deed

-

Even now as she departs

There is much left to impart

But this end is just a start

And nothing can steal her from our hearts

StuF

PS The title "E" is the first initial of her first name. The original poem has her full first name, but thought it best to be completely anonymous

Wow, I love this poem you've shared with us @StuF 🙂

Love your use of the word 'symbiosis' followed by 'student and sage' - so powerful to me.

And thank you for following guidelines and de-identifying!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance