Skip to main content

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

Thanks @PizzaMondo !

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

Lovely tribute to your departing group facilitator @StuF 👍

@Emelia8 

Thanks! She liked it

Yay.    I wondered how long or what would lure my good friend @StuF  here.   I always love your poems  Stuf.    Good to see you in this old motel.   Full of ghosts,  shadows and apparitions.

Perfect place to pen a dream.   I'll have the porter carry up your bags..                                       tonys..

@creative_writer   some how I missed that little line of yours about missing the young girl but she was 

easier to shatter.   It left an exit wound on me.   Trust me.  It more than qualifies as poetry.     tonys..

Hey @tonys 

@StuF Beautiful poem. So sad this world does not reward the deeper thinkers. Shows lots about your soul and hers. Great grief processing. Bet she was thrilled by it.

Thanks @tonys 

There's another in the works...but how long for that we will have to wait and see! lol

Thanks @Appleblossom 

She did like it, yes 🙂

Nice to hear  @StuF Look forward ..   I have em all over my walls.  Trying hard to show restraint.  Many not suitable for this place.  Tempering brutality with an edit doesnt feel quite right.  I actually prefer short story  writing.

.   Poems are still a new tetter on the edge of an event horizon for me.  There's more than a few I nearly did not come back from. . .         I'll leave the foyer light on for you  Stuf. .  your friend.      tonys.. 

@tonysI somehow missed you responded to me! My poem was actually about empathising with frankenstein's monster lol, and about looking normal but being fundamentally broken inside. I think the monster was actually meant to be quite beautiful physically? Or I just misread it, it has been a while also. OK my poem is probably pretty opaque, I like your interpretation, you remind me of one of my friends who always thinks in ways I don't expect.

Looking forward to reading more poetry here, I have a couple more poems that survived the years I might trot the poor things out later.