Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

Thank you @Meowmy 🤗🌺

I hope you can get that nice relaxed feeling after a hard day at work 🌺💜

you take good care and I hope you enjoy your evening too ☺️💜🌺

Not Too disruptive --- it can be @Jynx , @PinkFlamingo with one of the hiccups,  Mr shaz is saying a lot of things that could change a few things 🤔

The other 3 hiccups are all resolved now 👍

Hugs @Adge , @Meowmy 

I hope that hiccup can work out for you and Mr Shaz, @Shaz51  🌺💜

and glad to hear the other hiccups have sorted 🙌🏻🙂

Thank you @PinkFlamingo @Shaz51 

Well I just completed a 2 Week Job Trial last Friday at a large Bird Shop/ Outlet.

The DES Jobsearch Provider paid my wages for that 2 weeks.

The Bird Shop paid me, then the DES Provider Reimbursed them every cent.

That means the Bird Shop got my labour entirely for free, for that entire 2 weeks - This was Gardening/ Grounds maintenance, over a large property.

The Bird Shop Employer had promised a high liklihood of On-Going Employment, after the 2 week Job Trial - In order to get this Job Trial paid for by the DES Jobsearch Provider.

I had to take 2 weeks off from my Aged Care Gardening Job (as insisted by the DES Provider) - In order to do this 2 week Job Trial at the Bird Shop.

Then the Bird Shop owner told me late on Friday afternoon that he actually has no on-going work for me at all.

In other words, he just took the $$ & free labour for 2 weeks - With no intention of actually giving me a Job at the end of the Job Trial.

My Aged Care Gardening Job (& my previous job too) are terribly isolating - Working every day entirely on my own, with large amounts of driving between 1 & 2 hour Client Gardening Services, just to make up 1 day's worth of work.

The Bird Shop gave me the experience of Working as part of a Team (with Co-Workers), for the first time in years.

I was not working all day every day alone, as with Aged Care Gardening.

I liked that very much.

I also found the One Base/ Place of Employment far more physically & emotionally manageable - Without all the driving.

Then they took my Hopes & Choices away - By saying "We actually do not have any on-going work (job) for you"....

Adge

@PinkFlamingo , @Jynx 

Mr shaz and I have been doing things around the house and cleaning and Mowing for his mum 

Well Mr shaz's sister has done it again  -- she has organised an organisation to come and do the cleaning,  Mowing,  everything without thinking or asking us 

So you can imagine how upset he is 

🤣 the other hiccups @PinkFlamingo , @Jynx 

My mum had a clothes left , what where are they !

I usually take her clothes home to wash  and I had none to take home 

The other hiccups was we had to cancel our weekend away @PinkFlamingo , @Jynx 

Oh me oh my @Shaz51 that is like... what's more disruptive than hiccups? An allergy attack? You've had a hayfeverish day! Haha. 

Aww that sucks about cancelling the weekend. And about your sis going above your head or... undermining you. Oh dear, I'm not doing well with the metaphors this evening am I? 🤣 

Hi @Adge 

The cheesecake looks amazing. Totally drooling!

So sorry about your experience with the bird shop. Little wonder that you are feeling a bit flat. That was a bit of a shonky thing to do, to put you on a trial knowing that there was actually no ongoing work available for you. Hugs

🤣😂 ❤️ my @Jynx 😎

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance