Skip to main content

Re: Newbie's Social Club - Come make some friends!

Hi @Shaz51 ,

cuppa time has gone here but soon it will be my regular time for lemon, lime and bitters at the RSL catching up with a friend.

The site says you are a Community guide, that must be interesting, am slowly learning to navigate the site which like a lot of online sites can be tricky.

Enjoy your cuppa and your day.

@Alittleorange 

will be my regular time for lemon, lime and bitters at the RSL catching up with a friend.  enjoy my friend @Alittleorange 

I love lemon, lime and bitters 

well done @1078 for doing a walk 

I am trying to do some on the exercise bike, but I think I need some more motivation 

I like playing " words with friends 2"

Thanks @Shaz51. Well done on getting on the bike and making a start.

I don't know Words with friends but I also play Wordle.

@1078 Thank you for sharing about your experiences and about the positive outcome your friend’s daughter has had. We are struggling with medication because he refuses to take it regularly which makes everything worse. (And then I have all kinds of mixed feelings about trying to force him to take this stuff.) I am trying to hold on to hope that we will find a medication that helps with symptoms but also with minimal side effects so that he can live his life.

@Shaz51 I was able to make some time for a walk outside today which was really nice. It briefly got me out of my current headspace, which was nice. 

@Glisten I am hopeful that one day my son will get to a point where he will want to read and learn more. Right now he’s in denial. He just wants so desperately to be “normal” which is at odds with accepting anything or learning about this illness.

@TiredandScared, hang in there and hold tight to your hope. It takes time to find the right medication and refusal to take medication is quite common because of how the medicine makes some people feel. It is worth persevering. The medication I take for depression makes me feel worse in the first few weeks until it builds up in my system and then once it is at the right level, it definitely helps. The interim is a struggle. I am hanging in there at the moment. 

@CatMac aww love that story, looks like you both look after each other so well 

haha love that you call her Kitten still 😊

i have a pet bunny and we tend to call him any nickname besides the actual name we gave him  

@1078 @TiredandScared @Shaz51 @Vayle @rav3n @Jynx @Bettyboop2 @lighthouse22 @Glisten  And everyone else, I hope that you all had a great weekend!

Did anyone have any weekend highlights they like to share? Mine was going round to my brother's place and catching up with him and his partner - something we don't do enough!

Anyway I'm just popping by to welcome all of the newbies that joined over the weekend:

@_sparkles_ @Alal  @Aldo  @Alex9  @Alyson  @Arlene @AureliusHarmon  @Bambi_blue7 @Beansprout  @BK58 @Bobbi-bluu @Bpdangel  @CaringSister22 @Daisy76 @Din  @DJ_TJ @Elice @Eliza21 @EmptyEyes @F825 @faithywaiths @Frank_ie @Freckles24 @Gaf @Gedda @GeorgeElhage @Gjs @Ily457 @j-1 @Jarrodparrot @Jjk @Jpm97 @keek @Kod @L-stg1rlstand1_ @Lax @Leeluu_17 @Lil236 @Lori_keet @Lyra1 @Mabe3 @malak @marieHH @Martin14504 @Melbgirl87 @Mills @mitch1 @N3v3rGU @NikooJalilvand @Nimmi @Nobull @orbit @Pat30 @Peccary @PeteH @Prodical1 @PussPuss1964 @Quizlet @Racquel @RobertDean @Rock1 @S1s1 @SamB @Sarah- @SeaLion @Selinasoft @Sooth @swil @Tia_Shaw05 @tii @Txxx 

Whether you've already had a chance to post in the forums yet, please feel free to pop by here and say hi 👋