Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jojo2
Senior Contributor

Re: Nut shell

Every little thing that you do
makes me fall in love with you
why I did the things that I did
made me feel like a silly kid

Why did we always used to fight
I just wanted to make things right
when you left you struck my heart
never thought we'd be apart

so when I walk by everyday
always smile in your special way
I know you'll be dying inside
and I wish that you were mine

I break down every night
I cry myself to sleep
and with all my might
I know you're not mine to keep

HeartHeart @Jojo2 

Hi @Jojo2 Top poem.

Hi @Jojo2 How are you going?

Hey, are you a list maker? What I find helps me is to make lists of things I do. In my study I have a wall above my study desk that has heaps of lists stuck to it that help me organise my life and minimise all the confusion I feel.

One of the lists I have is called "Things I Like Doing". When children come along you can sometimes lose track of what makes you feel good because its no longer about you anymore. But, it is still good to acknowledge what makes you feel good because this is part of defining who you are as a person.

My list looks something like this:

Things I Like Doing

Playing Guitar

Listening to Music (The Eagles, Keith Urban, Missy Higgins, etc)

Writing Poetry

Short Walks

Eating Chocolate (small amounts)

Watching TV (Gogglebox, Bondi Rescue, The Project etc)

Visiting Family

Coffee with friend at Shops

DVDs (Romantic Comedies, Action)

etc etc

By doing this list you can start to see what you like doing for yourself. If you start doing a few of these things you will be introducing things that you like into your life and you will start to enjoy it again. It can't be all work and study. You could take it a step further and make a weekly plan where you map out your activities and then you are really cooking with gas. You could also put in your times for study, cooking, cleaning etc.

Organisation, organisation, organisation.

The only way I have been able to do this is through List after List. Unravelling a twisted bundle of rope.

One of the first things I did was put my favourite CD on the stereo. I can listen to my favourite music all day while doing things if I want to. Everyone likes music.

Anyway, just a few of my thoughts. Talk soon.

Jojo2
Senior Contributor

Great ideas @joeblow thanks. I do have a big board in my study but have only used it for studying. Well ijts not that big really.

Feeling so lonely and lost. Dont know what to do any more. @joeblow@Shaz51@NameUnknown@Faith-and-Hope everyone seems so nice on here but i have no one to talk to. I find it hard to express how im feeling to people i dont know well enough 

Hi @Jojo2 ...... I am around and listening if you want.

I am sketching in a coffee shop at the moment.

Thats nice . What are you drrawing @Faith-and-Hope

A cottage @Jojo2. I went a few times and sat in front of it, drawing from life. Now I am working on the background trees to make them match in with the rest of the drawing.

I have posted some images on an art thread if you want to see. I am an artist. It’s what I do.

Do you want to tag me me in some of the drawing @Faith-and-Hope

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance