Skip to main content

Re: My special place

Hi all

Well I am just over halfway through ECT and thankfully it has started to help. Not having to rely so much on prn, so that is one good thing. Also been able to get some leave too now, so at least I can get out at times. Up to number 8 tomorrow morning. Having them 3 times a week. Scheduled to do 12 in here as an inpatient and then the Dr. wants me to continue to have monthly ones again. Still not sure about them yet, still not sure if it helped me last time since I ended up back in here.

The hospital has groups that you can attend on all different subjects for DBT to art groups. Went to an open art studio group today, which gave me something to do. Have gotten my creative tools out and been making a few drawings. Not sure if I can post them on here since most people on my ward has seen them, so not sure about the confidentiality of them.

Missing hubby and the kids so much whilst in here. They have visited, spoken to them daily, but it's still not the same as being at home with them. Missing out on a few things of D's which I am gutted about. Even though she says she doesn't mind, I still do. Never want to miss out on anything that they do.

Have been following along with lots on here even though it has just been in the background.

Sending lots of love to all who read this and hoping your day has been kind to you.

Snowie 💕💕

Glad things are on the up @Snowie  thats so good to read! 💕

Thanks for checking in @Snowie I am glad you have noticed a difference.

Keep on looking after you hun 💞💞💞

IMG_6027.jpeg

 for you @Snowie 

Thanks for the update @Snowie .

Glad you feel there is improvement. 

Do you get any leave? Or do you have to stay there because of the intensity of the treatment?

We are sitting with you.

Sending you lots of hugs my friend 🧡 @Snowie 😍

Thanks @tyme @Shaz51 @Eve7 @Bow for the replies.

Love the flowers @Eve7 💐 

I do get leave on the days I don't have ECT @tyme. Since the hospital is over an hour away from where I live, I can't really go home plus Hubby would have to pick me up and drive me back. Over 4 hours in the car for him for me just to spend not even an hour at home. Really not worth it

You can take leave between 8am-8pm. Max of 4 times.  Each person has a certain amount of time (I guess depending on how your MH is).I've had from no leave up to 4hrs in the past. I don't go out after dark anyway. Not the best neighbourhood to be walking around by yourself.  

I do normally take leave a few times a day. There is a dog park close by which is nice to go have a walk too, and also some shops too. The weather in Melb has turned cold and wet now so probably an indoor day anyway.

Hoping the doctor comes in soon. D has a sporting event on Sunday which I am hoping I am discharged for, but might not be till the week afterwards. Just depends on whether he wants me to do 10 or 12 ECT sessions as an inpatient. I hate missing the kids events because of my stupid MH.

Anyway, once again thanks if you have gotten this far in my rambles.

Wishing you all a great day 💗😊

Hi @Snowie sorry I haven’t been posting on your thread lately. It’s good to hear from you, it sounds like things are starting to look up for you 💕. Always here, sending you lots of healing vibes

@creative_writer no need to be sorry at all hon. You do what is right and put yourself first.

To everyone else, just spoke to the Pdoc. Looks like I can go home on Saturday!! 😊 So ect on Wed and Fri this week and then back to monthly ones. As long as I can come in next Friday as a day patient for it, homeward bound I am 😀

Pdoc commented that I seem like a different person from the one who came in. I know ECT doesn't help everyone but I'm glad it's made a difference in my case.

Even happier now that I can now attend D's sporting event on Sunday. One less thing I have to miss out on.  

Sending good vibes to all!!

Wow @Snowie that's awesome news!

It sounds like this has been a really positive stay for you. And you'll get to go to D's sporting event in the weekend, that's fantastic.

Really happy for you 😊