Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing side effects of medication // Tues. 17 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

My husband would not bring up the sexual side effects, I had to. The hospital pdoc was not overly sympathetic (Mr D was on a treatment order) but community pdoc did, whilst still in treatment order, she confirmed our assertions with prolactin level testing and then discontinued drug.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing side effects of medication // Tues. 17 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Night all great talking with you 🙂

My husband would not bring up the sexual side effects either @Former-Member 

@Jojo2 @Charli - great that you are both working so well with your doctors and that they are supporting you well through your medications

@Former-Member it does sound like a frustrating scenario but it is really amazing and admirable that you continue to focus on your well being for the sake of your little one. It's probably good to keep clarifying your feelings to the GP, you are the only one that can know and be aware of how your own body feels. Keep talking it through Smiley Happy

@Struggles - thats annoying! From your previous comments, you have got some good strategies in place for this particular side effect now which is good!

Hey @Former-Member, did you say one more question Smiley Very HappyHeart

Goodnight all - hope you enjoy a restful evening. Thanks for the great natter! Be well.

Yes, I do, always in discussion and I write them down so I don’t forget. That’s one of the reasons we’ve changed meds more than once. Keep the discussion open and be honest. Yeah not nice to talk about peed pants, but much easier than about suicidal thoughts.

Now I’ve blown off all my steam and last reserves and lie in bed with a good night dose of meds. Hopefully soon in lala land. Have a nice evening

goodnight @Charli, @greenpea , remember to come for a visit tomorrow

It's been a great opportunity to talk, so thank you everyone. It's not easy to find sympathetic professionals so if you've got a good relationship with yours, stick with it and keep trying!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance