Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Cook Along

IMG_5090.jpeg

IMG_5089.jpeg

Thanks heaps @Oaktree 🙌🏻☺️🌺

here’s the first tray - they got stuck in the oven for an extra few mins as I was stuck in the laundry..I spilled some stuff on the floor so I had to clean it up before I forgot.. 

a little overdone! 🤭

They taste gently sweet, lemony, and almost the texture of macaroons 😍

I popped a couple of drops of lime juice into the sugar when rubbing though the zest, and I think it adds a touch of softness to the lemon (I prefer lime to lemon, and this seemed a good way to add a bit of my favourite citrus to it, and it worked, I think! 🙂).

IMG_5091.jpeg

IMG_5092.jpeg

Batch 2 😀🌺

fluffier on the inside, with a thin crispy shell - the first batch was more sponge-like, while these are almost melting in your mouth 🙂🌺

@Oaktree  @tyme  @RiverSeal  @Shaz51  @Judi9877  @Birdofparadise8 

Well done @PinkFlamingo they look wonderful 

Shame I can't not upload my photo @Oaktree 😪

Grandma always told us the more you cook the better you cook 

They look great @PinkFlamingo 

Thank you so much @Shaz51  and @Birdofparadise8  💜🤗🌺

Aw, Shaz, I’m sorry to hear the photo uploads aren’t working 😔💜 

I bet they’re beautiful, and taste amazing 😀🌺

Did yours turn out to be very soft and fluffy almost like a soufflé in the middle too? My second batch was like that.. I was thinking that might be from the extra hold in the fridge while the oven was heating up 🙂🌺

What was the difference between the first and second batch other than being overcooked @PinkFlamingo 

That’s a good question @Birdofparadise8 🙂🌺

I think with the second batch, they were colder in the centre than the first batch because I left them in the fridge while the first batch was cooking, so I think they may have retained more moisture during baking, maybe? 
they do taste much more like the ingredients had more time to combine - which is a little odd because they’re from the same mixture which I split into two baking batches because my oven doesn’t fit two trays at once on the one shelf (and stacking one above the other the oven doesn’t cook either evenly, unfortunately). I think the real difference is the second batch had a lot more fridge time 🙂

still, both are tasty, with a little bit different texture - the first has a firmer, slightly drier texture, and the second has a softer, pillow-like texture with a bit more retained moisture ☺️🌺

That is really wired how the fridge could change them so much @PinkFlamingo 

They look great @PinkFlamingo 

Sorry you can’t upload your pics @Shaz51 

Did Mr Shaz like them?

They sound like they are yummy

Yeah! I was thinking exactly that @Birdofparadise8 🙂🙌🏻

Makes me think of chef Heston Blumenthal and his chemistry with food cooking he does, where he discusses how different things about preparing and cooking ingredients influences the outcome 🙂🌺

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance