Skip to main content

Re: My special place

The dog helps keep me grounded @PizzaMondo. Lots of dissociation lately.

Am watching The Young Sheldon at the moment. Have seen it before but at least it is something I enjoy. Don't find there is much on day time tv.

What do you normally watch on tv?

Does anyone get to the point where they just want to cancel all their appointments and just hide. Meant to have psych tomorrow, ECT Wednesday and then SW Thursday. I'm just wasting their time. And that's if the SW shows up. I'm expecting him to cancel anyway.

What breed is your dog? I love that your dog helps with grounding you - especially when experiencing dissociation - how comforting.

I still have that show on my to-watch list! I've heard fantastic things! I watch a range of things when I do watch TV.. at the moment I've been watching "Population: 11" - funny mystery show based in WA - man from USA comes searching for his dad and it's like a whodunnit kinda show 😛 Also been watching "We are Ladyparts" (season 2) - these are both shows on the streaming service Stan - the 2nd show is about an all-girl band from different cultures - it's pretty cool! I like their music @Snowie

Have a cosy evening, I am heading off now, goodnight 🙂

I often feel like cancelling everything @Snowie and just checking out but something keeps me trying one more day, one more appointment. 

I do know how you feel though, it’s hard 💜

Totally @Snowie and sometimes I do cancel, and am very thankful for the respite. Other times, I have realised I am using avoidance because I was feeling too vulnerable to go - and is probably exactly when I should have gone. It can be good to take a break, and it can sometimes be good to push past those feelings and attend anyway. That being said, if there's also a feeling that the appts are unhelpful, I can definitely understand wanting to avoid them. Maybe it's just about asking yourself what the best course of action is for what you're needing right now ðŸ’œ

Yes @Snowie my husband has cancelled a appointment lots of time 

@Jynx , @Eve7 ðŸ¥°

Thanks @Shaz51 @Jynx @Eve7 

I know I should go, I know I need to go, I know I can't keep going like this.

I just want to disappear from everyone and everything. 

I hope you all have a good night

Bye

Do what feels right @Snowie. And hope you get some rest tonight hun. Catch you next time ðŸ’œ

@PizzaMondo wrote:
Hello @NatureLover !

This is your daily reminder to drink water 🙂

Thanks so much, @PizzaMondo ! 🙂

@Snowie wrote:

Does anyone get to the point where they just want to cancel all their appointments and just hide.

Yes, I do @Snowie . (But part of that is my agoraphobia)

So sorry you've had some very rough days 🫂

But you're not wasting their time. They are there to support you in your time of need. 

Bit worried about the "bye" in your last post, and your not eating. 

Good luck with your psych today if you decide to go...

Sending lots of care and 💙